Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Lambo Doors

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lambo Doors

I know they are meant for rice, which is exactly what Im doing them on (2000 Eclipse).. They SUCK!! Direct bolt-on my ***. I've already had to take a big hunk of inner fedner out just to get the damn hinges lined up. And the company they are from (cardoorconversion.com) says they have 24/7 tech support, but I can get a hold them by phone or email.
Im done with my rant, just letting anyone out there who is thinking about doing them, give yourself a good couple of days and plenty of 6-packs to get it done..

Last edited by LawmanSS; 10-29-2006 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:17 PM
12 Second Club

well, atleast ur not doin it to an f-body! sounds fun, good luck!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we use kits from vertical doors at my shop, they're the only company i've seen that stands behind their product 100%. the most common failure on lambo doors is the shocks, and most companies don't warranty them at all... it's a major case of 'you get what you pay for' with that stuff.
there's really no such thing as a direct bolt on for most cars, i think the only one we've had that's been a true bolt on was the h2 kit.
are those universal kits or are they vehicle specific. there's absolutely NO such thing as a universal direct bolt on.
best of luck finishing the install.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:25 AM
12 Second Club

we had a new charger at my shop getting these. the kid bought the universal kit and the shocks were too weak, hinge and the shocks were hitting the fender. we told the kid to get the "bolt in" kit so it would fit with a little less fabrication
Old 12-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Teching In

Default cardoorconversion.com

uh oh. I think I'm going to be sick. We purchased the bolt-on lambo door kit from cardoorconversion.com for my son's Christmas gift. Almost didn't buy from them - should have gone with my gut feeling, but they called me and I contacted them BEFORE purchase but now can't reach them. I even paid Express shipping and now we are stuck - yep, same thing - 24/7 Support??? I believe they think that means they provide a phone number you can dial. Anyway, we need help bad. My husband is an experienced body man - no dummy - but not familiar with these. Do diagrams or pictures exist? Where do they bolt on? At first cdc said it would come with wiring extensions, but we didn't get them. How do we know if we need them? They also told us the need to roll a fender to install is rare, but that's not what the instructions say. Can anyone provide guidance? We are really desperate at this point (besides throwing them in the trash and considering it an $800 loss)? mstevenson@deltek.com
Old 12-19-2006, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

My best advice to you is put em back in the box and ship them back. Cardoorconversions.com has the worst customer service on the planet. Luckily my customer was understanding and I was able to repair what most of what I hacked up on his car. When I put the hinges on, everything worked great, then I went to bolt the outer fender on, and the door wouldnt even open..
They are junk, and I would try to find another company that is more reputable.

Quick Reply: Lambo Doors