Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hood problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood problems

When I close the hood of my SS with the SLP lid on it the lid hits the top of the hood. I just got the car on saturday and it was like that. Is this normal, if not how can I fix this. And does any one else have this problem.

Thanks, Nick
Old 11-06-2006, 06:01 PM
TECH Regular

Make sure that you have ALL of the rear tabs on the lid in place before latching lid down. If not, the latches will pop loose and the lid will rub on the hood.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

also make sure the front of the lid is tucked behind the little lip apposed to over the lip...if you go look at it you will se what i mean..
Old 11-06-2006, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the above fails, you can try and make some adjutments with the latch and front hood stops. Your hood might be sitting a bit lower in the front.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My hood hits my SLP lid too, just enough to make white marks. My hood already has a front gap that needs to be closed, and if I do so then it definately will not clear it. I was also going to get the WS6 air box, but then I didn't because I don't know HTF I will get it to close unless I grind the damn hood.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Magnet
also make sure the front of the lid is tucked behind the little lip apposed to over the lip...if you go look at it you will se what i mean..
Originally Posted by planemech2
Make sure that you have ALL of the rear tabs on the lid in place before latching lid down. If not, the latches will pop loose and the lid will rub on the hood.
I double checked both of those before I posted becasue I didn't want to post, get someone to suggest that, that fix it and then seem like a dumbass.

Originally Posted by 618HAWK
If the above fails, you can try and make some adjutments with the latch and front hood stops. Your hood might be sitting a bit lower in the front.
I'll try that in the morning, I'm pretty sure it's been doing this since who ever owned the car before me put the lid on becasue the paints already worn through in the spot it's touching.

Thanks, for you input.

Quick Reply: Hood problems