Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

what is the best wax ....

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question what is the best wax ....

hey i have a 2001 ws6...it is black in colour...the body and paint is in mint shape and i want to keep it that way ...just wondering what is the best brand of wax to use...is a sealent better then a carnuba...i have a few minor swirl marks i would like to get out ...im sure im just being picky ...but ....i want to by an orbital to wax it with aswell so ...let me know ...what you think ...thanks...
Old 11-11-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Hhhhh.....same question different day.

Waxes/sealants are like many things in this world. Personal preference. What's best for me isn't necessarily best for you or the next person. Prep work is the key to having a nice finish - wash, clay, polish, wax/seal.

Sealants typically last longer than waxes and offer a brighter shine. Waxes will typically need to be reapplied more often and offer a warmer shine. Some quality sealants - Zaino, Wolfgang, Werkstatt, Tropi-Care, etc. Some quality waxes - Pinnacle, P21s/S100, Meg's #26, etc.

If you want a quality orbital, I would suggest a Porter Cable 7424 or 7336 with an assortment of foam pads.

There is a ton of information available on all of these topics and products via the search function.

Old 11-11-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

How many times do you think you have answered this same question in this forum now? I am guessing at least 50 if not closer to 100

That's not meant as a knock on you by any means

Originally Posted by ZaneO
Hhhhh.....same question different day.

Waxes/sealants are like many things in this world. Personal preference. What's best for me isn't necessarily best for you or the next person. Prep work is the key to having a nice finish - wash, clay, polish, wax/seal.

Sealants typically last longer than waxes and offer a brighter shine. Waxes will typically need to be reapplied more often and offer a warmer shine. Some quality sealants - Zaino, Wolfgang, Werkstatt, Tropi-Care, etc. Some quality waxes - Pinnacle, P21s/S100, Meg's #26, etc.

If you want a quality orbital, I would suggest a Porter Cable 7424 or 7336 with an assortment of foam pads.

There is a ton of information available on all of these topics and products via the search function.

Old 11-11-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

alright guys, lets not be rude, hes only got 5 posts and clearly has never heard of the search funtion yet! plus hes from canada- com'on!! anyways, welcome to the board, but the search button is your best friend!
Old 11-11-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

No rudeness intended, just frustration

If I wanted to be rude, I would have given a sarcastic response instead of useful information.

Welcome to the forum, jdrummer...congrats on the new ride
Old 11-12-2006, 11:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilBLK02TA
alright guys, lets not be rude, hes only got 5 posts and clearly has never heard of the search funtion yet! plus hes from canada- com'on!! anyways, welcome to the board, but the search button is your best friend!
Heh, ouch
Old 11-12-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
Heh, ouch
Im just kidding guys, you know that, plus Im your friendly neighbor just outside the B-LO!!! in the good old "US and A" Plus I frequent Canada for its many filthy strippers that keep taking my mod money!!! Anyways You're gonna love this site- trust me!
Old 11-12-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Well, as for me, I use Meguairs NXt and love it.
I just tried their professional #26 yellow wax and I wasnt impressed.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

Ya i am kinda new ...lol...just starting to find my way around ...but thanks for the help boys.....ya love my new ride ....i goint o post some pics soon ...check it out ...i wanted her for soo long and finally now she is mine ..BOOOOOOOOOOYA ......
Old 11-13-2006, 05:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jdrummer
Ya i am kinda new ...lol...just starting to find my way around ...but thanks for the help boys.....ya love my new ride ....i goint o post some pics soon ...check it out ...i wanted her for soo long and finally now she is mine ..BOOOOOOOOOOYA ......

Congrats, eh!
Old 11-13-2006, 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

www.swissol.com
Old 11-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Launching!

i swear by Zaino - you cant buy it just anywhere though, i order mine online. i've also heard good stuff about tropicare, but same way, you have to order online. and i've personally never used it. out of zymol, meguiars, and pretty much every other wax you can buy at any given auto parts store - they all pale in comparison to zaino, IMHO.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 00 YEAH
i swear by Zaino - you cant buy it just anywhere though, i order mine online. i've also heard good stuff about tropicare, but same way, you have to order online. and i've personally never used it. out of zymol, meguiars, and pretty much every other wax you can buy at any given auto parts store - they all pale in comparison to zaino, IMHO.
Would have to agree. But even though you buy it online, you still deal with great people, and they are extremely fast...I generally get my order within about 4 days, and that's to Canada
Old 11-13-2006, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

i was on the Ziano ...website...product looks good ....i think i will go with it ....2 questions ...would it be cool you think to apply it with a orbital buffer....and next ....they say to use the cay bar to strip any old wax...should i do this or no ...thanks...
Old 11-13-2006, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

ZPC Fusion is the only product that would benefit from orbital application.

Claying would be a good idea.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ive never used a better product than blackfire sealant. You can layer it like the zaino but the shine is absolutely rediculous. Ive never tried zaino but ive heard good things too. I agree with ZaneO on the claybar idea. I did everything, even the windows because my car was covered in primer gray overspray from sitting in the barn for a year.

Does the protection from a sealant compare to that of a wax? Ive NXT'd the car before but the shine just isnt as nice as with the blackfire sealant.

Heres a pic. The paint is the original 12 year old black after wash/sealant.
Attached Thumbnails what is the best wax ....-p1010014small.jpg  

Last edited by Strokinit383; 11-14-2006 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

results are more a product of proper prep and application, along with proper paint maintanence than they are of product.

If you use the correct process, you will get great results with any of the products mentioned in this thread ..

find something YOU like, learn how to use it correctly, then use it often.

there is also nothing wrong with trying several different products .. see how they perform for you, and see which you think makes your ride look the best ..

There is no "best wax" Any of us that have been doing this a long time can get outstanding results with any high quality product.

Anyone that tells you "this is the best, don't ever use anything else" is either misinformed, or pushing an agenda, imo.

experiment .. ask your buddies .. go to some shows . . if you see a car that really pops, ask the owner what they use, and how they use it ..

you can't go wrong with a high quality, top shelf product .. (which doesn't always mean expensive)

Meguiars
Zaino
Tropicare
Mothers
Adams
Zymol
Menzerna
Poor Boys
and countless others ..

experiement, perfect your technique, and have fun doing it..

just my two cents ..
Old 11-15-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

what is the best wax ....

Zymol Royale

Hope you got fat wallet though....
Old 11-15-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 98 SNAKE EATER
Zymol Royale

Hope you got fat wallet though....
Most expensive doesn't necessarily mean best.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 98 SNAKE EATER
Zymol Royale
Because they use the metric system over there.

(Couldn't resist)

-Mike