Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Hugger orange Maros

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
yeah, that is my favorite photo of my old car. Except for the cover of the 2007 LS1TECH calendar photo
Yeah, you put Lisa in there and it makes even that car look better! It is amazing how well a white bikini goes perfectly with that car!
Old 12-07-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
This is my favorite pic of Tony's old car (Now its LawHorn's I think): This picture is in the dictionary under "Bad ***"...look that **** up!

I developed that picture and hung it on my wall
Old 12-07-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, that was an old pic of my car a long time ago in the list of HOSS's. Here's a few pics of my car when I tracked it from birth and went to the rail yard to see it come off the train, I technically wasn't supposed to be there, but the gaurd just waived me in and went and found the yail car. This was when they had a shortage of chrome SS wheels, I got all the options, but they delivered the car with the silver SS wheels and the chrome came later to the dealer. Keep in mind I was 18 years old at the time, pardon my style

Here's some when it was lightly modded, just a few things done to it....

And here it is today, I need new pics, really I do ....

Old 12-07-2006, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ Thats awesome man. It must have been the best feeling in the world that day your HOSS came off the train. The more i look at hugger orange camaros, the more i wish i would have waited and found one. But i got a good deal on mine and im happy with it
Old 12-07-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jakson
^^ Thats awesome man. It must have been the best feeling in the world that day your HOSS came off the train. The more i look at hugger orange camaros, the more i wish i would have waited and found one. But i got a good deal on mine and im happy with it
You have no idea, I ordered the car in Sept '98, and I took delivery Feb '99, so I was checking it's birth the whole way, when it was built, when it left the plant to go to SLP, when it left there, etc, etc. When I saw it was on the train I just kept checking the BNSF website with the rail car number and when it came into town I went down, got SOOOO lucky they were unloading my car when I got there.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

HOSS with black wheels = sick!
Old 12-08-2006, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's my charity case.

Sorry for the large pics, I can't seem to find a working thumb tag.

I'm on a set of TTII's right now but no pics of them.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Orange Peel
Bow Down Bitches

P.S.-I would have had a heart attack , im dead serious
Old 12-08-2006, 05:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

beatiful color on those cars. if i ever get rid of my car it would be for one of these
Old 12-08-2006, 09:42 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Scott, those pics of it coming off the train are awesome! I saved them, those would be cool to look at 20 yrs from now to see how they were delivered.

I didn't realize you were the original owner, that is pretty cool. I think I liked your car better with the chrome SS wheels though, such a classic look. Orange turn signal lenses looked better too, since the car is orange
Old 12-08-2006, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

She's pretty dirty, but here's some updated pics

Some day soon my wheels will be getting a black powder coated treatment like nine ***** had
Old 12-09-2006, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Adam_346
Bow Down Bitches

P.S.-I would have had a heart attack , im dead serious
It was cool, trust me, I was happier than hell just being in the rail yard, there were a TON of cars there, a whole area of Camaro SS's. When I saw my car come off my heart was beating sooooo fast, just to hear it come down the ramp and get parked, then I went to verify the vin number and it was the one, smelling the brand new interior, sitting in my seat, taking it all in, and finally being with the car after waiting sooo long to get it, checking the status of it all the time, waiting for it to be done and delivered since there was a hold up because of the weather and Christmas holiday it went through.

I even started it up since they leave the keys in the enginition, just hearing the motor and seeing the 5 miles it had on the odometer was breath taking! Now it has 105,xxx miles and I still love it, it's been through a lot of changes but it still turns heads where ever it goes
Old 12-09-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Scott, those pics of it coming off the train are awesome! I saved them, those would be cool to look at 20 yrs from now to see how they were delivered.

I didn't realize you were the original owner, that is pretty cool. I think I liked your car better with the chrome SS wheels though, such a classic look. Orange turn signal lenses looked better too, since the car is orange
Thanks Tony, yeah I plan to keep it forever, being the original owner is something I take pride in and knowing I did every mod to it myself. Man, when it just had the chrome rims and no black outs anywhere it was like a virgin, just soooo clean, not a scratch on it, quiet, slow but a blast to drive.

I always wished they made a 18" ZR1 since I LOVE those wheels, just a 17" wheel is too small now after owning 18's. A 18x11 would be amazing Who knows what the next 100k miles will bring, maybe the car will see the "retro" look it had in those pics, who knows All I know is it WILL get a new white leather interior, man the GM leather doesn't hold up and really makes the car look like a POS

Quick Reply: Hugger orange Maros