Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Front lip?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front lip?

I want to build a front lip for my t/a wat do you guys think? I just want it to extend about 1 inch off the front bumper outwards. Do you think it will be to ricxerish the car is red and the lip would be black? Got any ideas on wat to make it out of? I figured some sheet metal and then fiberglass it wat do u think?
Old 12-31-2006, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

i was thinking about making a "lip" on my t/a but im going to make a whole bumper out of fiberglass. as for your idea it would really depend on how you plan on doing it, making a cardboard mold might be easier for cuting and having the fg stick to it.if you could post some sketches on your idea it would be easier to see what core material would work best.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get one of those foam "noodles" little kids use in swimming pools... Glue it to your (or better yet a donor from the junkyard) bumper and then use an electric carving knife to get the look you want...

Fiberglass it then make a mold or prep and paint what you just made...
Old 01-01-2007, 12:59 AM
On The Tree

if you use foam make sure to test your resin on it before doing all the carving/glueing etc, some foams and resins are not compatible, so save yourself some time by testing
Old 01-01-2007, 03:32 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by johnpr
if you use foam make sure to test your resin on it before doing all the carving/glueing etc, some foams and resins are not compatible, so save yourself some time by testing
Old 01-01-2007, 04:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

good advice there use polyurethane foam and carve it out. once carved soak the foam in fiberglass resin. then do a layer of kitty hair and sand it into its final shape. then spray it will primer sealer and then you're ready for paint or to use it as a mold. if you just mean extend the bumper down it may be easier to get a wings west front lip and just fill in the vents. i also want to make side lips that kind of extend the brake ducts out and down and i want them to sweep back into flared fenders. but i dont know if ill ever get around to doing it.

Quick Reply: Front lip?