Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

T/A headlight question Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T/A headlight question Please Help!

ok i got some headlight conversions for my t/a, the one's where you can put a normal bulb in them..........what light bulb do i use? i bought some H4's I belive is what the guy called them..they have completley different adapters on the back. and when i pulled the headlights out of the t/a they have just little pins in the back of them...different than any other car i've seen. are there new wiring harnesses i can get? or are there exact replacement bulbs? thanks alot
Old 01-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

What housings did you buy?
What bulbs do they take?
(It may say on them)
What year is your car?

No offense, but you should do more research before such a purchase.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Teching In

What housings did you buy? a housing made by pilot
What bulbs do they take? they take h4 bulbs and i bought the bulbs also
(It may say on them)
What year is your car? my car is a 2002 trans am

thank you for any help you can give me.

i didn't think i would be this big of a deal i had a lt1 camaro befor this car. and i just ripped the bulbs out of the old sealed beams and put new ones in, i have never seen a sealed housing like this one..
Old 01-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Teching In

bump'n it up
Old 01-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Teching In

anyone????
Old 01-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

This doesn't sound right. It sounds odd that the housing would use a H4 bulb since the 4703 (stock sealed beam unit) is a low beam only unit and the 4701 is a high beam only unit. A H4 bulb has low and high beam filaments. I guess if you bought 4, then you can use the low beam filament in two of them and the high beam filament in the other two. Anyway...to install them, replace the factory connecter with an H4 connector and the new units should plug in. Since the H4 bulb and its socket will have three prongs and there are only two wires in the factory setup, you'll have to figure out which two prongs light up the low beam filament and which two prongs light up the high beam filament. The low and high beam filaments share a common ground in a H4. That is why there are three prongs instead of four. In the place of the low beam 4703, wire-up the H4's low beam filament. In the place of the 4701 high beam, wire-up the high-beam filament.

Don't cross wire so that you can use all 4 in either low or high. That most-likely will be too much power for the stock wiring.

Last edited by VIP1; 01-06-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Teching In

awesome ok that was what i was looking for..............a few more questions. 1. where do i get the wiring harness for h4 bulbs? and 2. if i wire it up like you said low beams only. is the voltage and wattage anything to worry about? thank you very much for all of your help
Old 01-07-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

3. how do the f'in headlights come off completely, can anyone link me somewhere-search=nothing. I want to remove them, altogether.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Originally Posted by slvrta2002
1. where do i get the wiring harness for h4 bulbs?
Auto parts store.

Originally Posted by slvrta2002
2. if i wire it up like you said low beams only. is the voltage and wattage anything to worry about?
I don't know the wattage of the bulbs you bought, but H4 bulbs are typically 55watt low beam and 65 watt high beam which is the same wattage as stock. Some manufacturers make higher output H4's though.

Originally Posted by MyWs62FaST4u
3. how do the f'in headlights come off completely, can anyone link me somewhere-search=nothing. I want to remove them, altogether.
* Turn the headlight **** all the way to the right so that the headlights popup.
* Turn the headlight **** back left one click. The headlights will stay up but be off.
* If the fog lights are on, turn them off.
* The plastic trim is held in with 3 screws. One in the left most position, one at the top, and one in a tunnel at the right-most position.
* Each light is held in with a metal ring that is secured with 4 #15 torx screws.
* Remove the bottom two torx screws completely and loosend the top two half way.
* Tilt out the trim ring.
* Pull out the bulb.
* Pull the connector off the back of the bulb

Last edited by VIP1; 06-30-2007 at 10:29 PM.

Quick Reply: T/A headlight question Please Help!