Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Vertical doors

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 06:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by wchorny
Has anyone bought Vertical door kits from http://www.cardoorconversion.com/
I would like to know if anyone has had these installed on a 1999 thru 2002 Trans am. What kind of problems and they fit right. Also looking at Vertical Doors INC. Which one has the best product.
Need some feed bak please.

i just bought a set off a guy who was parting out his T/A for $400
he bought them from vertical doors.......................ill be putting them on and posting pics next week sometime after i get my cam in...........they are bolt on..........but ill prolly weld them in a couple places too just to be safe
Old 01-27-2007, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 530transam
LMFAO GOD I FEEL STUPID RIGHT NOW!!!!!! i thought maybe this was a real thread but no like always its a bunch of little bitches crying about something that has nothing to do with them! the guy didnt ask if you liked it or not he asked has anyone bought it and di it fit so you know what? unless youre going to answer one or the other i for one think YOU SHOULD SHUT THE F*** UP! i am sooooooo tired of bashing!its all this site has turned into!!

for what its worth, check out octanemotorsports.com. They have put vertical doors on a ton of f-bodies and sell the bolt on kit they use. You can call them theyre good to work with. I hope that you read this and that you havnt got sick to your stomach by now of all the inconsiderate closed minded ignorant prics on here and gave up on your thread. Why cant we have a blocker for **** like this? like make a negative post 5 times and youre kicked off the site
anyone have a midol for this guy
Old 01-27-2007, 10:30 AM
TECH Veteran

LMFAO GOD I FEEL STUPID RIGHT NOW!!!!!! i thought maybe this was a real thread but no like always its a bunch of little bitches crying about something that has nothing to do with them! the guy didnt ask if you liked it or not he asked has anyone bought it and di it fit so you know what? unless youre going to answer one or the other i for one think YOU SHOULD SHUT THE F*** UP! i am sooooooo tired of bashing!its all this site has turned into!!

for what its worth, check out octanemotorsports.com. They have put vertical doors on a ton of f-bodies and sell the bolt on kit they use. You can call them theyre good to work with. I hope that you read this and that you havnt got sick to your stomach by now of all the inconsiderate closed minded ignorant prics on here and gave up on your thread. Why cant we have a blocker for **** like this? like make a negative post 5 times and youre kicked off the site

please refrain from talking.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just view the cardoorconversion site and those are the style of vertical doors that look absolutely sorry and doesnt go up all the way, http://wingdoors.com/ is your better choice
Old 01-27-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Veteran

dont put vertical doors on and lsx, they only belong on imports and really expensive cars
Old 01-27-2007, 11:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteKnightZ28
You obviously missed the point of my post. Like I said, my opinion is mine and mine alone, I think they're tacky and said so. I then stated that its unlikely he's going to get a help on this site because most people here agree with me (think about how many members we have with vert doors... ).

I never bashed him for his opinion, simply stated my own. So **** off.
Not to nit pick but about 90% of people on this board think/want wide wheels/tires (315's+) out back of their cars. They don't aid in making the car faster (heavier rotational mass) or making it stop faster (same issue). They do however make the cars LOOK good, and if this guy thinks Lambo doors will make his car look good then let him do it. Unless the title is in anyone elses name on here I think he can do what he wants.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by spy2520
i swear ls1tech lacks the slightest bit of tolerance when it comes to stuff like this...its a shame we'll only be doing the same mods to our cars until the day we die....
+1
If its not in the norm, then OMG you shouldnt DO IT! Lets all put the same wheels and same appearance mods on out cars!
Old 01-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Yeah I'm new on this site but OMG people, he just asked if anyone had it on their car...he didn't ask for your opinion on how they look. If he wanted your opinion he would have asked, or thrown a poll up. When hot rods first started putting suicide doors on cars, i'm sure there were people saying that you should only have suicide doors on a lincoln or whatever they came with. But it took people that wanted it anyways to make it into the deal it is today. No one doubts people for putting on suicide doors on their hot rods now, in 50 years people probably won't say anything about lambo doors on a camaro or bird. Next time either answer his question or don't post at all.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

look if your gonna post things like this on a PUBLIC forum then you are going to get ridiculed for wanting to do stupid ricer stuff for your car , like some others i see in this thread
Old 01-27-2007, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

omg lambo doors on an fbody omg it will slwo the god motor down r u crazy dont do it put a bolt on under the hood lol i say do it man i think it will look good and not so called ricey i swear f body drivers for the most part are dumb and hinkerbillys
Old 01-27-2007, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Black02Bird
i agree with spy... he didnt ask you to jump up in his **** about lambo doors, he just wanted to know. its his car, if he wants vert doors then how is it hurting you? you dont have to ride in it... leave the guy alone. try not looking down your nose at someone for what they want. i swear its like kindergarden in here sometimes... "your shoes are blue instead of black, lets rip on you"

grow up and try seeing the world through your eyes insted of your *** for a change, the view is better and you wind up with more friends cause you dont smell like an old shitty bastard all the time

I Agree.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

thank you bowtieforpower
Old 01-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Teching In

Yeah it is a public forum but that doesn't mean you have to slam people. If you are going to voice your opinion on this, you might as well flip through every different topic on here, and everytime you see something that you wouldn't do to your car, tell them how stupid they are. Just remember, it might end up that you might have a question that they have the answer to, but you already burnt the wrong bridge.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Regular

now guys, didnt your mom ever tell you "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all"? He didnt ask for your input on how it would look, just if it has been done. So if you guys are so threatened that if he does it, and it actually looks good, that it makes you all look stupid because he is different for doing somthing you were affraid to do, then maybe you shouldnt even be looking in the appearence section.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I say do it bro we need some diversity in our lsxs.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:23 PM
TECH Regular

those automatic lambo doors might look good. but 1399... damn
Old 01-28-2007, 02:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:23 AM
12 Second Club

Old 01-28-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hate threads like this. I think who ever started it just posted it to start a huge debate and get everyone all upset. Lamborghini doors only belong on a LAMBORGHINI. and that is MY opinion. I think knight is right in what he said. He should not be asking questions like that on an AMERICAN car site. he must have known hes going to get **** for it. MOST people that own an f-body, are Domestic enthusiasts. they dont want anything to do with the whole ricer/import "culture". So please, to whoim it may concern, if you have the urge to ask an OBVIOUSLY dumb/ricer related question, dont ask it on this site. you will get NO input. there will only be two kinds of replies, those who will say," youre stupid and that stuff belongs on an import"
Originally Posted by blake110106
just sell ur car to me, ill give u the cost of the vertical door kit plus 500 to buy a beater car to put them on! i think its a fair deal so that LS1 car can be taken out of ur hands
And those who will say," o c'mon, give the guy a break" and try to defend you and say evryone else is dumb for being close minded/ignorant.
Originally Posted by SHINER
Lets try not to bash people for their ideas regarding their cars.

He just wanted opinions, not to sit here and be criticized.

There is a pic of a T/A with lambo doors floating around here somewhere.
SO PLEASE, DONT ASK QUESTIONS LIKE THIS
Old 01-28-2007, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Quick Reply: Vertical doors