Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Swapping Interior

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Swapping Interior

Umm...Ive been thinking of getting a 98-99 T/A for a cheap LS1 car. Ive realized the only reason I want to get an 00+ is bcuz I want the black(ebony) interior. So, my question is what all interior parts do you have to swap to conver to all the black. I know for sure the seats, dash, carpet, and door panels. Is that about it? And also what all interior pieces are compatible? Like are all V6 Firebird interior pieces compatible with each other? How bout camaro pieces?

Thanks
Old 01-29-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

Any Pontiac Firebird part will interchange from years 93-02. So no worries there, the dash cahnges a little bit, some of the parts behind the dash change, they use different conncetors....I did it, i have a complete 01 Ebony interior in my 1994. Here is all that needs to be changed if you are going from an LT1 to an LS1:

Dash (complete: dash, dash pad, cluster)
Console
Steering wheel
Sterring column
carpet
healiner
T-Tops
A-Pillar Trim
Door panels
Bottom trim
Sail Panels
seats
seat belts
rear trim

Now if you are just swapping from an LS1 to an LS1 and want to go ebony, you will have to change all of what i just said as well...everything needs to be changed...the only thing you won't have to change is the cluster or the front seat harness everything else needs to be swapped as the color is different.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome! Thanks for your time answering my post! Now, how hard is it to swap the dash? It looks like a major PITA! And you said I dont have to change the cluster going from LS1 to LS1?

Thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Just Floor It
Awesome! Thanks for your time answering my post! Now, how hard is it to swap the dash? It looks like a major PITA! And you said I dont have to change the cluster going from LS1 to LS1?

Thanks
Nah, you won't have to change the cluster if your any LS1 car....they are all pretty much the same, as far as looks go though. With me, an LT1 car, i changed the cluster, the LT1 clusters are ugly! But as far as the dash goes, yes for me, and LT1 car to an LS1 car it was a pain in the ***, first of all you wouldn't believe the amount of wires back there...it's crazy! Some of the harnesses were different shapes and what not, so it was a lot more work that i had thought....but for you, it really shouldn't be that hard...it will be difficult, but not that hard. The steering wheel and the column can be a little tricky too....everything else just swaps out easily.

Quick Reply: Swapping Interior