Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Trans am interior swapping???

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans am interior swapping???

Hey guys I currently have a maple red ta and the interior is tan and I wana convert it to all black inside and hope fully remove the back bucket seats and change the front to corbeau racing seats, i just wanted to know if the transformation is difficult and is their is anyone willing to swap their black interior for tan, and would anyone have any corbeau "black" seats williing to trade for a 00 ta, hope to hear from you guys soon, thanks!
Old 02-19-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by aovall1
Hey guys I currently have a maple red ta and the interior is tan and I wana convert it to all black inside and hope fully remove the back bucket seats and change the front to corbeau racing seats, i just wanted to know if the transformation is difficult and is their is anyone willing to swap their black interior for tan, and would anyone have any corbeau "black" seats williing to trade for a 00 ta, hope to hear from you guys soon, thanks!

it can be done, many write ups on this, but i doubt you will find someone wanting to trade black for tan.... Tan i always swapped out for black.... good luck to you though
Old 02-19-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think tan is much more appealing. If I had black, I'd trade ya. But I have grey
Old 02-20-2007, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

Hey if anyone can make a clean swap with me for black I would really appreciate it
Old 02-20-2007, 12:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Highly doubt thats gonna happen. Like stated above, most with Ebony interior aren't gettin rid of it. I'm changing mine right now from Tan to black. Look to spend about $1000+ for the completed job.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dude, you're crazy. A rare maple red on tan and your altering it? Crazy ****- thats the car i always wanted. When i told my dad i wanted a Trans am, thats the car i drove and fell in love with. By the time i was old enough to have my license, they had stopped mking trans ams and ive never found one. I ended up with a torch red on camel. or taupe, not neutral. I like it and all but d rather have your exact color combo. I have black corbeaus in my car. The back are still tan leather but im swapping them with the black cloth ones in my v6. The best to look for is a black on black trans am cause those are also rare and really sweet looking. Pretty much everyone else has tan if they wanted it it isnt hard to find on anything other than black. Except silver but theres a reason there.....
Old 02-20-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just to cclarify, i mean a black on tan is really rare lol not black on black
Old 02-20-2007, 11:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Maple Red Metallic TA + Tan Interior = Teh SEX. Ask me how I know.

It's a fairly simple swap, but I'd keep a hold of that tan interior if I were you. Good luck with the swap if you go through with it.

Quick Reply: Trans am interior swapping???