Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Honey Comb Tails...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Honey Comb Tails...

Well...I had these from my first bird before she got wrecked (I bought a 2nd pair that were NEW that got destroyed...DHFDJKLFBNKJSBD) Anyhow, I grabbed these from my closet cause I was going to sell them, they leaked, and had a 1'' crack in the front...so I whipped them out, RTVed the entire inner shell to prevent leaks into the housing, wet sanded for like 3 hours, and applied 3 layers of clear coat.

Only thing now is..the "shiny" part inside the reverse light almost looks like its worn out, so there's parts of the "chrome" inside of the housing that I can't get too, coming off....Not really caring about that, as I saved myself about $250-$300 getting them new.

Anyhow, here's a before shot, and after.

Now, I want the ls1 tail light wiring harness...I had this "conversion" or "swap" if you will with my last bird, and didnt pull it off the car. I liked the ls1 harness as it has the connector bulbs instead of these metal socket and twist bullshits...anyone selling one? haha...also, anyone know of super bright tail light bulbs? it seems like everytime I get these shitty metal socket ones they're so friggin dim. I know they make LED ones, but they're for the ls1-type harness...
Old 02-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

You can get 55watt Halogen reverse lights at PepBoys. I have them on my car. I don't remember the brand but it comes in a black and yellow "blister" pack (just like other bulbs) in the bulb isle. They haven't burnt up any wiring either since reverse lights are typically on for only 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Since the stock reverse lights are standard incandescent bulbs and these are halogen...think the difference between the front blinker and headlight. Thats the brightness difference of these.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by VIP1
You can get 55watt Halogen reverse lights at PepBoys. I have them on my car. I don't remember the brand but it comes in a black and yellow "blister" pack (just like other bulbs) in the bulb isle. They haven't burnt up any wiring either since reverse lights are typically on for only 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Since the stock reverse lights are standard incandescent bulbs and these are halogen...think the difference between the front blinker and headlight. Thats the brightness difference of these.

Thanks man, just wrote that down and I'll be trying to hunt them down

Nice bird btw aswell.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics

Edit... they know come in two packs (same mfr)
Attached Thumbnails Honey Comb Tails...-backups.jpg   Honey Comb Tails...-backupbulb.jpg   Honey Comb Tails...-backup2.jpg   Honey Comb Tails...-backup3.jpg  

Last edited by Danny2tek; 12-20-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mustang5.Ohater
Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics

YOU KICK ***!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by phrozen755
YOU KICK ***!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 07:35 PM