Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Detailing w/ Porter Cable... *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 08:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailing w/ Porter Cable... *PICS*

Today I started detailing my Camaro with my Porter Cable. Everything was going well until I decided to switch to a more aggressive combination using a yellow CCS Lake Country pad and Meguiars #1 on speed 5 for some scratches on my fender. It didn't completely get rid of the scratches but it did make my whole fender "hazy". I'm thinking of hitting it a couple of times w/ a orange pad and Meguiars #9 on speed 5....? Everything that has come out good has been done with an orange pad, Meguiars #9 and on speed 5. I haven't used any polish or waX and the last two pictures show the messed up fender. I only have the front fenders done and the hood. Any help would be appreciated.

HOOD REFLECTION OF FLUORESCENT LIGHT:

MESSED UP FENDER:

Last edited by SPECIALIZED STAINLESS; 03-15-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Bling! Damn that looks great
Old 03-15-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Resident

What about some whole car shots? Looks AMAZING! I need a pc bad
Old 03-15-2007, 08:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by tmc2k1
What about some whole car shots? Looks AMAZING! I need a pc bad
I've only used the pc on the front of the car so far. I'll have pics when I finish. If you want to see my Camaro click on the "more pics" link under my sig
Old 03-15-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

Your car is GORGEOUS!
Old 03-15-2007, 09:02 PM
FormerVendor

Anyone on the fence about purchasing a PC needs to take a look at these results. Great looking ride!! I like the old school Camaro badge, nice touch.

Chris
Old 03-15-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Chris, I just bought a PC from you guys in that kit. Those results are making me wish the delivery guy would get here even faster.

Mike
Old 03-15-2007, 10:15 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Tropi-Care Chris
Anyone on the fence about purchasing a PC needs to take a look at these results. Great looking ride!! I like the old school Camaro badge, nice touch.

Chris
Thanks, can you give me any tips to getting rid of the haze I caused using a yellow pad and Meg #1? Thanks, Steve.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

remeber once you start going with more agressive combos, you're gonna have to step it down to something less agressive for finishing.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not to take away from toofazt's work but his car has been repainted so he's off to a much fresher start than 95% of 98-02s. May not be the best example of why you should buy a PC - even though I'd say just buy one anyway. I enjoy mine.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:45 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SmokeySS
Not to take away from toofazt's work but his car has been repainted so he's off to a much fresher start than 95% of 98-02s. May not be the best example of why you should buy a PC - even though I'd say just buy one anyway. I enjoy mine.
The SS hood and SS spoiler and CME are all off an original black SS and haven't been repainted. So the pics of the hood w/ the flourecent light is original paint But yes, the rest of the car has been repainted w/ 3 stage PPG.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

im getting mine soon EXCITED lol
Old 03-16-2007, 01:01 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TARaptor
remeber once you start going with more agressive combos, you're gonna have to step it down to something less agressive for finishing.

If you ask me your car doesnt even need to see a yellow pad, judging on the other pics, yellow is for seriously F'ed up conditions. I wouldnt use anythng more then a orange on your pad and would step down to a white pad after the orange. Although, in most cases with the right polish you can finish with a orange pad. I detail cars on the side as a second income and in the last year there was only two instances were I needed a yellow pad.... orange is my favorite and the "go to" pad.

The haze is what it called "micro marring". It comes from A) too aggressive pad or B) too aggressive polish... or C) both. Another thing is... the Megs products youre using are more suitable for a rotary. For the PC I recommend #83 and #80. Judging by your pics those two I mentioned are all youll ever need.... and you might not even need the #83 but its good to have on hand.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:03 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Avengeance

If you ask me your car doesnt even need to see a yellow pad, judging on the other pics, yellow is for seriously F'ed up conditions. I wouldnt use anythng more then a orange on your pad and would step down to a white pad after the orange. Although, in most cases with the right polish you can finish with a orange pad. I detail cars on the side as a second income and in the last year there was only two instances were I needed a yellow pad.... orange is my favorite and the "go to" pad.

The haze is what it called "micro marring". It comes from A) too aggressive pad or B) too aggressive polish... or C) both. Another thing is... the Megs products youre using are more suitable for a rotary. For the PC I recommend #83 and #80. Judging by your pics those two I mentioned are all youll ever need.... and you might not even need the #83 but its good to have on hand.
Thanks for the info man
Old 03-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Launching!

Beautiful! I like the old school Camaro badge, too!