Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Zaino question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Zaino question

I am in the process of doing a spring detailing of my ws6. It`s always garaged and kept under a california car cover when not driven. I applied some Zaino on it in summer of 05 and that stuff has held up amazingly. There has only been about 7000 miles put on it since I put that on for the first time. Anyway, I just got done putting the first coat of Z5 on and it took about a quarter of one of the mixing bottles to apply one coat. Instructions say the bottles are 2 ounce bottles. I mixed 1 once with the ZFX and used half that in one application. Am I putting too much on, not enough or the right amount?
Thanks
Old 03-18-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

TTT for no anwers maby you will get one, I can not help you here for I do not use that wax.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

I think you used the right amount. Normally I can do 3 waxes with a full 2 ounce bottle.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Honestly, the best way to know if you're putting too much on is when you try to buff it off. If you're working too hard, you put on too much. Keeping the layers thin is the key.

-Mike
Old 03-18-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just got done putting the second coat of z5 on after buffing off the first coat and then z6ing the car. The first coat was very thin looking, but it didn`t come off very easily. I let it sit for an hour before trying to remove the first coat. It`s about 65 to 70 degrees in my garage right now with low humidity. I think I`m going to let this second coat of z5 be the final coat of z5 for the time being. As soon as I get this last coat off, I`m going to put a coat of z2 on and let it sit and call it a night. I`m anxious to get back behind the wheel of this car. It`s been several months since it was last driven.

I used some meguiars 82 or 84 the other day with a red cutting pad and it didn`t help much. I can`t remember what number it was, but it was the one with more cutting power. It`s about 2 years old, so I don`t know if it`s still good. It`s stored at around room temperature. The z-pc that I used with a polishing pad did a 1000 times better than the meguiars, so I don`t know what the deal is there. I still have scratches in the clear all over the car, but no swirl marks. I have to keep a car cover on my car at all times when at my house to keep the cats from messing it up. I hope this cover isn`t scratching it because I don`t remember seeing this many scratches before.
Thanks for the help guys
Old 03-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just keep layering that Z2, I must have about 10-15 coats on my 99, Can never have enough on