Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LED questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LED questions

All this talk about LEDs has me thinking...

I'm thinking about making all my interior lighting and gauges AMBER (orange) because i have a SOM car. Has anyone done Amber/orange before? Most people seem to be doing blue or super-white. Any thoughts on this? I know the odometer would look badass in orange, instead of red.

Secondly, will you still be able to DIM the gauges using the dimmer controls?

Thirdly, for those who did the trans-am LED taillights.. did you guys have to use a circuit board of LEDs, or did you just replace the bulb with an LED replacement, or what?
Old 04-01-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Resident

I put 4-bulbed LEDs in my speedometer when I installed my white faces... Personally it adds to the install a great deal. It would be easy to go with any color you wanted. the 4-bulbed 194 lights can be purchased from Ebay i'm sure. If not, search google for exactly what you want. They're easy to find. Expect to pay $2-$5 per bulb. I think you'll need 8+ for the cluster. I dont remember the exact number.

I dont know about the TA tail lights tho. Good luck
Old 04-02-2007, 01:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You will need 5 LED's for the cluster. You will lose the dimmer function. The LED's are only on and off with the dimmer. You will need to do more for the odometer to change the color. You have to take the circuit board off and resolder led's into the existing bulb locations. PM me for more info as to what type of led's are used with the gauges.

-Mike
Old 04-02-2007, 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by The Guz
You will need 5 LED's for the cluster. You will lose the dimmer function. The LED's are only on and off with the dimmer. You will need to do more for the odometer to change the color. You have to take the circuit board off and resolder led's into the existing bulb locations. PM me for more info as to what type of led's are used with the gauges.

-Mike
Do you have any pics of the odometer lights?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I did not do the odometer. I just used super white led for the gauges. I did not want to mess around with the odometer. I have the link at home that I can post later if you want to see what is invloved in changing the color of the odometer.

-Mike
Old 04-02-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by The Guz
I did not do the odometer. I just used super white led for the gauges. I did not want to mess around with the odometer. I have the link at home that I can post later if you want to see what is invloved in changing the color of the odometer.

-Mike
I'd like to see how it looked is all.. Dont have to waste time posting it. Thanks tho..

Also... It takes 8 LEDS if you want to change the turn signals and the high beam indicator while its apart...

Quick Reply: LED questions