Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

best cleaning products

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best cleaning products

Hey I was just wondering what you guys use to clean and protect the rubber that goes around the top of the t-top. Also whats a good leather cleaner and treatment? Oh yea and what do ya'll use on the interior plastic? Sorry for so many questions.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

I'm not sure too many people do this, but I heard this from an old school guy once. I use baby oil on my weatherstripping for my t-tops.

1) its waterproof and helps with a good seal
2) It will keep the weatherstripping from cracking, keeping it moist
3) Its not too harmful (from what I've been told, but I would be open if somoene has contradictory info) and is easy maintance with a simple swipe from a rag.

I found a little bottle of it in a pump/spray. It works great for me! I just keep in with my car wash stuff and wipe it down (just enough to get it moist throughout, but not dripping) with every car wash. Of course in the spring I really clean everything out real good (get in those cracks and stuff. Usually doesn't have too much dirt/dust up there.

Been doing this for 2+ yrs with no problems!
Old 04-03-2007, 02:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I never thought about baby oil i might give that a try. I would usually use son of a gun or armer all but i hear it dries plastic and rubber out causeing it to crack. Any more ideas?
Old 04-03-2007, 03:40 AM
Launching!

I've used 3M Silicone Paste to protect the weatherstripping on my car for a while now, and it's still in great condition after 12 years. Here's a link to the product: http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/e...er/output_html The good news is that this stuff has a lot of other electrical and lubrication uses, and an 8oz. can of the stuff will last a LOOOONG time. It's not that cheap, I think about $20... But if you factor in how long the can will last it's pretty darn economical. (I'm sure I've had the same can for over 15 years). If you decided to get some, just use it sparingly... A little goes a long way.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:10 AM
TECH Resident

Mcguires rubber and vinyl protectant
Old 04-03-2007, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I use black magic tire shine for the t-tops and meguiars leather wipes and black magic dash protectent.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

303 Aerospace.

Quick Reply: best cleaning products