Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

windshield reflectors.

Old 05-05-2007, 02:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshield reflectors.

hey guys, do you know a good windshield reflector for me? i live in SUNNY san diego and park under the sun. i want only the best for my car. thanks
Old 05-06-2007, 02:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would imagine this one would be pretty good if it was custom fit..
http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/heatshields.html
Old 05-06-2007, 02:57 AM
TECH Regular

I actually PMed a member (David 2002 WS6) about a year ago about that one and he gave me a nice review on it:
"The sunshade from Afterthought Auto is nice. It fits good. It does help to keep the inside of the car cooler - especially if we open the windows about one-fourth to one-half inch after parking in the sun. My guess is using a sunshade that is not custom fit for the windshield will let light/heat inside to the point that you'll regret not picking up a custom fit sunshade like the one sold at Afterthought Auto

We have to use the sunvisors to help hold it in place and we have to flex it a little to get it to go into place near the rearview mirror. The side that faces out is shiny like a mirror. The side that faces in is white. The only surprise I had with mine is that it sort of "bowed" when it was installed because it is big (the distance between the bottom of the windshield and the top of the windshield is long because it slopes so much), but it still keeps most of the sunlight from coming through the windshield. A little sunlight does come through the windshield with the sunshade in place because the sunshade sort of curls at the edges near the A-pillars. Maybe the sunshade relaxes after use and seals better along the A-pillars?

There is a Velcro strap atttached so we can roll up the sunshade, keep it closed, and toss it into the back seat when we aren't using it."
Old 05-06-2007, 03:09 AM
Launching!

thanks man. i might get that one then. i saw diffeent one at wal-mart for $5, but i dunno...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: windshield reflectors.