Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Clear corner install write up with pics./ Edited

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i went in throught the ottom of the car. took out about 4-5 bolts. and took them out from there.
Old 06-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Launching!

Well....I finally installed them ....took a little over an hour to do. removed a few bolts and slide them out from the front. I didn't have to remove the 5 clips near the front bumper.

Mike
Old 08-05-2005, 04:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just put mine in using those instructions...great write up. The only problem I really had was I could NOT get the headlights back in so I cut away some of the headlight aimer because that bolt kept getting caught. After that they went in first shot. Hope that helps a little. Also I have a big gap on the passenger side between the headlight and the bumper but not on the driver's side....
Old 10-22-2007, 01:05 AM
On The Tree

i was just asking about this install earlier tonight. anyone know of the method of going in from the bottom?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53
Spring is here and I see guys are wanting to install clear corners on there cars, here's the link and I hope it helps some, if anyone wants to add anything please do so.

Here's how I do them, the blue tape shows the area I'm talking about.

1. Remove the five black plastic pins in picture C1, this will allow you to pull the fascia forward ( helps with the removal of the head light assembly ).

2. I used duct tape to protect the fender and fascia from getting scratched, picture C2 shows the headlight already out but you can get the idea of the masking.

3. Remove the 10mm bolt from the rear of the headlight assembly, picture C3, this is the only bolt you need to remove the headlight. You can now remove the headlight bulbs ( do not touch the bulbs with your fingers ), I just twist them out but if you want you can unplug the harness from the bulb assembly then remove the headlight assembly.

4. Picture C4 shows the two tabs on the rear of the headlight, you slide the headlight assembly towards the center of the car when removing. When you re-install the headlight assembly make sure the tabs slide together the same way as when you removed it.

5. Picture C5 already had the headlight assembly out but you get the idea about pulling the fasica out to help with the headlight removal, if you can have a friend pull the fascia out while you remove the headlight that would be great.

6. Picture C6 shows the three 7mm ( I think ) screws that hold the corner lense in place, twist out the bulb sockets and remove the three screws and lift the amber lense out. Sometimes you will have wiggle it out but it will come out. When re-installing the bulb sockets make sure the foam gasket is still on the bulb socket.

Now just re-install everything and you should be good to go, good luck.

http://www.prowleronline.com/ubb/image_uploads/c1.jpg

http://www.prowleronline.com/ubb/image_uploads/c2.jpg

http://www.prowleronline.com/ubb/image_uploads/c3.jpg

http://www.prowleronline.com/ubb/image_uploads/c4.jpg

http://www.prowleronline.com/ubb/image_uploads/c5.jpg

http://www.prowleronline.com/ubb/image_uploads/c6.jpg

Al
Found this old thread and the links are no good.

Bill
Old 08-24-2009, 02:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

lets see if this works.
Attached Thumbnails Clear corner install write up with pics./ Edited-clear-corner-install-pics1.jpg   Clear corner install write up with pics./ Edited-clear-corner-install-pics2.jpg   Clear corner install write up with pics./ Edited-clear-corner-install-pics3.jpg   Clear corner install write up with pics./ Edited-clear-corner-install-pics4.jpg   Clear corner install write up with pics./ Edited-clear-corner-install-pics5.jpg  

Old 08-24-2009, 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

last pic, hope this helps some.

Later,
Al
Attached Thumbnails Clear corner install write up with pics./ Edited-clear-corner-install-pic6.jpg  
Old 02-13-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

where can i buy some clear corners? also anyone know where to buy white/black SS emblems?
thanks
Old 02-13-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

lights from ebay
emblems from emblempros.com
Old 02-15-2010, 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

gotcha! thanks man.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Staging Lane

You don't have to pull the front bumper at all. Just pull both headlights out and there you go. With both lights out you have a clear shot. Takes like 10 min tops.

Quick Reply: Clear corner install write up with pics./ Edited