Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

problem with painting calipers???

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with painting calipers???

anybody else have a problem with what looks like fisheye...i scrubbed all four calipers and brackets and the front ones look great rears are having the problem .everything was cleaned the same way...thank for your help clint
Old 06-16-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine did the same thing, but on the front... I just waited till they dryed and gave another coat. Didnt solve the problem 100% but did help. Plus from 5 feet away u cant see anything and the wheel helps hide anything so i wouldnt worry to much about it
Old 06-16-2007, 10:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

i am upgrading to LS1 brakes all the way around. i bought them and have been painting them a little each day so they look great before putting them on the car.

so far i've cleaned thoroghly with dawn and sandpaper, 2 coats primer, 2 coats white base, 2 coats red and 2 coats clear. they're coming out freaking amazing!

for your problem, just clean them a bit more before painting the paint has to have something to adhere to.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the fisheyeing problem tonight when I painted my calipers with a cheapo duplicolor brush on kit from walmart. Seems to cover well, but the stuff does like to do that if the surface isnt sanded much. I did one medium coat, waited about 5 mins then did a heavier one on that. It will still fisheye if you dont take the time to really smooth the surface with the sanding prior to painting. I did a total of 4 coats to get it to stop the fisheyeing crap. I didnt really care with mine if it was a little globby, it's no showcar, just a weekend toy/cruiser and behind the prostars you can't see them much anyway. The main reason I painted them was to cover up the grinded rear calipers