Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Wanting to change leather out??????

Old 06-19-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting to change leather out??????

What are my options for my leather seats? Does someone sell new leather to refinish them or a second option of some sort.... I know this is a pretty odd ball question, but I just want to spruce up my interior.

(search is down like always and figured i'd post to find out)
Old 06-20-2007, 02:12 AM
TECH Resident

also interested in refurbishing my leather seats!
Old 06-20-2007, 03:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I did a good bit of research and new covers from GM are available... like close to $1500 for just covers though... another company sells them for about $899 and that company rhymes with Fat Kinsz, they allow you to customize color and stitching, but they never seem to fit correctly from what I've seen. So I took it upon myself to make my own making patterns from the factory covers and mine turned out awesome... all you need is two full hides and an industrial sewing machine and some other odd materials (: Now I'm in the process of wrapping my panels, door panels, and ordering some suede to do my headliner and some black vinyle to do my dash skin...

I've got about $450 invested in my seats as of now, but I did alot of foam repair and used full leather on every part... including backs of the seats and underneath, and used $100 roll of 150lb thread that will NOT break. (i've tested)

My hides were hand picked outta my pasture, lol. Sent off to weaver leather co. and came back black and sweet, complete with my brand. (hot brand (RM)) Cost $150 per hide. and then lots of spray adhesive and some extra foam and batting. etc etc...

Hell of a project though but it's worth it, took me a full year just to do my seats since I was working two jobs and take 21 hours of college and blah blah blah...

Anyways if you have a question PM me, although I check all my posts regularly...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wanting to change leather out??????