Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

dust/wax/carcovers.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default dust/wax/carcovers.

Hey guys, just wondering what method people use to remove dust from the paint. I don't have a garage so I end up cleaning my car quite often and usually there is a layer of dust on after a day or so that just sits atop the finish. Any kind of materials I can use to remove it without scratching the paint?

With my LT1 that had it's share of swirls, scratches, and blemishes I just used meguiar's 3 in 1 wax with a couple of buffing cloths and it worked really well. Since I just bought my LS1 though... which is in a lot better condition I haven't waxed it yet; I bought meguiars instant detailer which works well after washing the car for a quick shine, and also the deep crystal series of waxes(haven't tried yet). I have a simoniz buffer which in brand new a friend gave me and thought I'd give it a try one of these days. Any recommendations of use with these products?

Last thing is the car cover. The car came with an SS car cover which is much better than my canadian tire one lol. Just wondering if I can wash it at all cause it gets dirty on the inside a bit.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

anyone?
Old 06-23-2007, 05:55 PM
FormerVendor

California car cover's Noah cover and California duster.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Launching!

If you really want to avoid swirls, the first thing you should do is NOT use the SLP-SS cover. You should look into getting a proven scratch free cover like one or two of the calcarcovers.

Secondly, try not to excessively wipe the car unless its really needed. If you have an adequate amount of wax or sealant on the paint, along with good cleaning and waxing methods (including good towels), it will help cut down on the eventual swirling. I have not had problems with swirling so far with using the Noah cover in the garage, and keeping a good amount of wax on the paint.

Good luck.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is the california duster any good, i bought one but it kept leaving red threads all over my car
Old 06-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Launching!

I don't really like them. The dusters actually work better when they are a bit dirty, but unless your car is almost squeaky clean, all they've really done for me is just to make the car not as clean as it could; And if not used carefully, the duster will provide another annoying source for swirling. They are good if your car has just been cleaned or waxed, and for some reason you get some dust accumulated within hours after the car has been cleaned.

Quick Reply: dust/wax/carcovers.