Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Changed window motor, new problem.... HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Default New window motor, new problem.... HELP!!!

I just installed my new window motor and it works fine. I had assumed that the old motor being weak was causing the front of the window to have to be pulled up by hand to get it up the last 1/2 inch. Well with the new motor i still have the same problem. I tried loosening the 2 brass looking felt brush assemblies on the top off the door and it only goes up 1/2 way then stops. Is there some kind of adjustment i need to make to my regulator assy or would a good lube job work? Planned on a long road trip this weekend so i really need some input!!!

JG

Attached Thumbnails Changed window motor, new problem.... HELP!-window1.1.jpg   Changed window motor, new problem.... HELP!-window2.1.jpg   Changed window motor, new problem.... HELP!-window-3.1.jpg  

Last edited by sneaky7980; 06-30-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there should be two studs (they look like bolts coming from the outside in) with two 10mm nuts, one on each side of the door, loosen them up dont remove just loosen then tug on the window up and down youll notice how they are moving to, see where they are when you are holding the window fully up and tighten them there, that should do the adjustment, if its way off still then the regulator is not allowing it. to fix that there are two channels that the window rolls on, near the top, where the window starts there are again one on each side, loosen them and lift them up, then tighten, just make sure you dont over do it beaacuse you may leave the glass to high and it can hit you ttop or roof whatever you have when you close the door, i will look for some pics to help you out better

Last edited by ramairracer; 06-30-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks, i tried the loosening the 10mm nuts, i see what your talking about, i gained about 1/4 inch. so that leaves me 1/4 from going to the top. The motor drives strong but you can almost hear it bind and squeak a little at the front of the door somewhere. I tried a little lube and looked around the best i could inside while the window moved, but still can't seem to locate the problem.

Ironically i can rig landing gears and flight controls on a jet but give me a pontiac and WOOOOAAAAAHHH!!! I go retarded.

JG
Old 07-03-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Victory!!!!

I finally got it to go all the way up You'll see in the pic what i had to adjust. The weird thing is i looked inside the door and thought the bolt (D .) that holds the track in place would have to be moved up, allowing the regulator arm to go further up, hence making the front of the window go further up. Well that worked to an extent, made the front of the window go up to less than a 1/8 inch with the door closed. well i knew that water would still get through during a car wash (and im bit of a perfectionist) so i kept tweaking. That's when i decided to see what would happen if i ran that bolt all the way down....now that window is tighter than a frogs ***!!

i'm going to start another thread for window alignment problems to maybe help some other poor bastard such as myself.

thanks for the input
Attached Thumbnails Changed window motor, new problem.... HELP!-writeup1.jpg   Changed window motor, new problem.... HELP!-writeup2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Changed window motor, new problem.... HELP!