Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Trans am side molding!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans am side molding!!!!!

1998 trans am .... My door stopper molding is losing the silver color and turning yellow and I like T/a's without the molding anyway . Whats the best stuff to get the glue off with and there is the oem paint under it right? thanks.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would normally say try a search because this has been beaten to death, but the search has been real screwy lately..

the easiest way is to heat up the side molding with a hair dryer and slowly lift the molding strait up towards the sky, a piece of fishing string is helpful when doing this to "cut" through the adhesive ..... then "roll" the excess adhesive tape with your fingers (be sure to switch fingers to avoid blisters) use goo-gone (or like product) and a cloth to remove all the left over adhesive.... i live in florida so i didnt really need a hair dryer

has the car ever been repainted?? if not you should be good
Old 07-01-2007, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

yeah wtf is wrong with search, whenever i go to look forsomething i posted in and i type my name in it wont bring it up, says i don't exist, sorry to
Old 07-01-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

for the search issues check this out.. i think its the "official" statement of LS1TECH.com lol
https://ls1tech.com/forums/removed-locked-thread-graveyard/732378-updated-search-information-post-issues-here.html
Old 07-01-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Save your time and use wd40 and fishing line and a finger to remove any other tape. And you might have to clean a black dirt line of but comes off with clay bar,cleaner wax's and quick detailer.