Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Glass Polish?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Glass Polish?

Zaino has a glass polish listed on their website. Does this stuff actually work?

I actually have two reasons I'm asking.

1. The glass covering my gauges is stained with something that is most likely from the previous owner. It's annoying because in certain light, all you can see is spots. I want to clean the crap off of it and I wasn't sure if I could use just any polish on it or even a wetsand with 2000 grit.

2. My winshield has a lot of minor scratches, swirls, and imperfections that I would like to get rid of. When the sun hits it correctly, that's all you see.

Any ideas?
Old 07-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Teching In

i would not get to crazy on the glass over the gauges b/c. it not glass its platic and can scratch really easy. but the 2000 grit may work. but after that i would use some some 3000 to. just dont get to carried away
Old 07-04-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

On my gauge cover I used some Scratch Out... its in a yellow bottle and is at walmart for like $2
Old 07-04-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I use the Zaino glass polish on my windows, love it. Can't comment on the gauge plastic.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wait, it's plastic? That's what I originally thought but I started to take it apart to see if I could get it out (which I couldn't without some serious thought so I gave up) and it sure as hell looked like glass. Is it just really thick?

I tried ScratchX but it couldn't get rid of the spots. If it's just plastic, couldn't I take it out and use the same method like on our headlights? Wet sand like crazy with up to 2000 grit and then use that spa polish? I still have some from my headlights but I need to do them again as well so I should probably order some more.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Kalgorn
Wait, it's plastic? That's what I originally thought but I started to take it apart to see if I could get it out (which I couldn't without some serious thought so I gave up) and it sure as hell looked like glass. Is it just really thick?
Plastic for sure. If you want a nice one, try a Stealership or some type of online store. Probably a $30 piece, and after spending money and time on things to fix the current one, might as well get new.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:35 PM
11 Second Club

Just used RejeX on the windows of the GAGT with the PC.
Came out well. Water certainly isn't sticking to them anymore.

Didn't notice any imperfections though....but I wasn't looking either.

Quick Reply: Glass Polish?