Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Taillights LS1 on LT1-Wiring Help???

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taillights LS1 on LT1-Wiring Help???

I bought a set of LS1 tails off of ebay and came across a post of how to modify the LS1 harness for LT1 tails, but not the other way around. I'm pretty sure its possible, but I'm having a brain fart on how to make it work.

If anyone has a link or any help I'd appreciate it.

BTW I know I can just get an LS1 harness and make it work, but they are kinda hard to come across, well I haven't had any luck yet
Old 07-14-2007, 08:14 PM
11 Second Club

refer to the other thread and do the opisite, or whatever you see necessary to work the other way around.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

No you can't just buy the LS1 harness and make it work sorry. You still won't have the wiring for the seperate turn signal and brake lights like the LS1's have. Sure you'll have the wiring at the very end but you'll be missing the wire from the dash back. I installed export taillights on my LT1 and I made a writeup for it. Just click on the export section:
http://projectcamaro.com/walkthroughs.htm
Old 07-15-2007, 01:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
No you can't just buy the LS1 harness and make it work sorry. You still won't have the wiring for the seperate turn signal and brake lights like the LS1's have. Sure you'll have the wiring at the very end but you'll be missing the wire from the dash back. I installed export taillights on my LT1 and I made a writeup for it. Just click on the export section:
http://projectcamaro.com/walkthroughs.htm
Ok so I still have to get the LS1 harness and modify that to work?

From my understanding the LS1 harness has an extra wire that is blue and the wire is located under the dash and all you have to do is run a wire from under the dash and connect it to the blue wire on the harness and I'll be set....right? Or was I mislead. I'm fairly good at wiring, but this is confusing me, but so far I have heard 3 different things.

I'll reread your page again, but if you have any more pointers I'd appreciate it, but I may just sell the LS1 tails and buy a new passenger side taillight since mine is cracked

Quick Reply: Taillights LS1 on LT1-Wiring Help???