Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bubbling Paint on roof please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bubbling Paint on roof please help!!

Ok heres the deal, I had my roof and mirrors painted black a couple of months ago, in certain spots after sitting in the sun it will start to bubble up and have some small streaks running through the paint. The shop told me that they have painted the roof 5 different times and even put some fiberglass resin over the roof trying to get it to come out right and it just wont work. They told me that they think that it is coming up from the glue that holds the headliner on. So my question is has anyone else here ever heard of anything like this on Camaros (or any car for that matter) and if so could you give me some info about what you think is going on and how this can be fixed? They told me that I could find out what to do to fix it that they would do it for me but if not basically I will just be stuck with a bubbling roof, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-01-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camaro
Ok heres the deal, I had my roof and mirrors painted black a couple of months ago, in certain spots after sitting in the sun it will start to bubble up and have some small streaks running through the paint. The shop told me that they have painted the roof 5 different times and even put some fiberglass resin over the roof trying to get it to come out right and it just wont work. They told me that they think that it is coming up from the glue that holds the headliner on. So my question is has anyone else here ever heard of anything like this on Camaros (or any car for that matter) and if so could you give me some info about what you think is going on and how this can be fixed? They told me that I could find out what to do to fix it that they would do it for me but if not basically I will just be stuck with a bubbling roof, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Yep, its a pretty well known issue w/ Fbodies.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Go get a Snickers...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-body-work/308546-bubbling-sail-panel-issue-dummies.html
Old 08-01-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lots of info on this. Some have had it replaced for free, most have not. They didn't appear on mine until later. Looks like sh$t. If and when I get a new hood and spoiler I will fix it then.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks everyone im going to go to the dealership tomorrow and see how it goes.

Quick Reply: Bubbling Paint on roof please help!!