Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gotta problem with Raptor shift light, please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 12:26 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Gotta problem with Raptor shift light, please help

Ive got the Raptor shift light and I wired it up as the Harlin instructions say to on InstallUniversity.com and for some reason the light didnt go off at 6500rpm and damn!!!...I hit the rev limiter! I know I hooked it up right. So I tested it to see if it was really working and set if for 1400rpm and turned it on, revved it to 1400 and nothing! I know its getting power because it has a verify mode where it blinks and such to tell you what its set on and everything was correct but isnt coming on as it hits the setting. The only thing that I could think of is that I spiced into the wrong wire on the PCM or there isnt a good connection on it. I spliced into the white wire pin#10. I used those t-connectors or whatever they are call, so I dont see what the problem is. Its the connectors that you slide over the wire thats being spliced into and then the wire going in is the wire that needs to be stuck in and then you crimp the metal tab and it bites into both wires. Any idea what it could be? Thanks
Old 05-24-2003, 06:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Gotta problem with Raptor shift light, please help

I'd check the connection to the tach signal again....sounds like the lite works properly. BTW, Scotch Locks suck!
Old 05-24-2003, 09:10 AM
PR Director

Yeah check the tach wire, maybe the wires are not spliced all the way. Use some pliers or something to pinch the t-connector down.
Old 05-24-2003, 11:10 AM
9 Second Club NA

Yeah it has to be that, because there is a verify mods which it gives you a series of blinks telling you what cylinders and rpm its set at. From the verify mode, its definately set right. If the light is blinking and whatnot, then obviously its got power. Will it still have power without a ground? I know it has to be the tach wire. My car is a 2000 and from what the instructions say on the Harlin light, it says to splice into the pin#10 and thats what I did. Maybe its the connector, but what connector should I use? Thanks
Old 05-24-2003, 11:24 AM
PR Director

If you don't have a good ground it won't light up showing any power running trough the light. I don't remember which ones I used, they were blue in color and I picked them up from Auto Zone. Its the number 10 wire because mine is a 2000 also and that is what I used.
Old 05-24-2003, 11:25 AM
PR Director

What size gauge wire did you use for the tach wire?
Old 05-24-2003, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

What size gauge wire did you use for the tach wire?
The sire comes with the lite. A faulty ground would definitely be another point to check. Make sure there is a visible metal surface showing for the ground.
Old 05-24-2003, 06:17 PM
9 Second Club NA

The 3 wires were already supplied with the light and were attached to the end of the housing. Im not postive on what size they are, but I think theyre 18 or 22 guage wire and I used 14-16 guage scotch locks, so that may be the problem. I ground the black wire in the same place that Install University did theirs. Im hoping when I replace the scotch locks for the correct size, that it will fix the problem.

Quick Reply: Gotta problem with Raptor shift light, please help