Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Running lights....

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 12:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running lights....

One of my running lights on my 02 TA is brighter than the other. It doesn't really have much of an orange look to it?? Are there orange bulbs or something in there? What would make it look less orange than the other one? It almost don't look orange at all just a lil tint of orange to it....
Old 08-18-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anybody? Its not really a big deal but the little things like this drive me crazy.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You have to different bulbs in there. One is an orange glass bulb (good bulb, the ones you want to buy) and the other is a normal bulb painted orange (bad, color fades). You want to buy the bulbs that say "NA" on them if I remember right, I believe it stands for Natural Amber. Hope this helps
Old 08-19-2007, 12:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oh ok well how do you get to the bulbs?
Old 08-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

I change my DRL's all the time....cause I have a corroded harness and my bulbs burn out once a month!

Anyway...this is how you get to the DRL's:

Right below the DRL's ( in the front end of your car's body ), you will see those smaller holes ( vents ).

Stick your hand through the holes ( vents ), and move your hand upward...so it is directly in back of the DRL.

You will feel a wire ( harness ) going into the DRL. At the end of the wire ( harness ), you will feel a plug. Grab the plug, and turn it, then pull it out.

You will see a bulb attached to the end. Take the old bulb out, put new bulb in, and then just put the plug back in. When you put the plug back in, make sure you turn it the opposite direction of when you pulled it out. You will feel it fit snugly in place when you turn it.

This is very very easy to do....but you have to have flexible wrists and good fingers. If you get some fat *** to do it...it wont work, cause there wrists will be too big....

Hope this helps. I dont know WHY GM made those DRL's such a pain in the *** to change.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I have skinny wrists and long fingers....sounds like I should be able to do it lol. Thanks alot for the help. I just noticed that one DRL was brighter than the other and it has been driving me crazy. Thanks again for the detailed explanation.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

No Prob...

I had some trouble doing it at first, but its simple. The most difficult part is that the socket dosent come all the way out of the lower vent...so its kind of difficult to be ablr to hold the socket and put the new bulb in at the same time.

good luck

Quick Reply: Running lights....