Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Portable pressure washers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Portable pressure washers?

Who sells pressure washers for the home? I saw a neighbor using one on his driveway. It looked like he hooked his hose up to it and it just shot water out like a bullet. Just wondering, I'd like to use this to clean my motor bay at home. At home, I can wait for the car to cool off and take my time with it instead of having to spend all day at the car wash.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Home Depot, Lowes, prolly walmart, and any other store like that. Even tractor supply company. They make some really strong ones though If I was you I wouldn't get one that was really powerful as it can and will take some paint off. Mine isn't very powerful but it works really well. Good luck and Good hunting.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:02 PM
12 Second Club

we have a 1750 which is good for most small stuff around the house, you can also widen the stream for the car and then make it smaller (stronger) for the engine bay...tats what i do.

Chad
Old 08-19-2007, 05:47 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I got mine at Costco. It's got a Honda motor, which is the important part. It has three different strength nozzles, plus a nozzle for spraying soap. It worked really well on my composite decking and I use it to clean wheel wells and the inside of the wheels, but use only the lowest pressure nozzle. It's a 3600 psi unit, so i can actually cut holes in the driveway and etch concrete with it, so keep that in mind cleaning a car. I highly discourage you from using it for the engine bay though because you can push water into electrical connectors.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:46 PM
12 Second Club

i use mine on the engine bay not a problem....

Chad

Quick Reply: Portable pressure washers?