Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

will a clay bar work for this?

Old 08-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will a clay bar work for this?

Someone hit my rear bumper and scuffed the fascia. Took it to a body shop for wet sand and buff, and they did a great job. Left only two small spots where the damage went deeper than the sanding and buffing would clean up, only about 1/16" by 3/4" in size. The body shop dude "puddled" a small amount of paint into each of the spots, and said it would flatten when it dried. It flattened a little, but still sticks up from the surrounding area.

Do you think a clay bar will take this down to the surrounding area? I even thought of using a razor blade to try to shave it down, but if it works, the clay bar would be less risky.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Launching!

i kinda have the same problem... how much did the body shop charge you for those scratches? how big was the damage? ttt
Old 08-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Default repair costs

Damaged area was about a foot long, and 3 to 4 inches wide. I don't mean that entire area was scuffed, but if you drew a line around all the scuffed areas that's how big it would be.

The body shop did it on a Saturday morning, and charged me $40 under the table. The guy took his time and did a beautiful job. Best part is, it saved me a paint job.

BTW, I am in Windsor, Ontario
Old 08-21-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think a clay bar would work. I wouldn't take a razor blade to it either.

I'd go back to the shop and get that little spot wet sanded down again now that it is dry.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Launching!

i see.. i hate to see even the slightest blemish on mine.. 40 isnt too shabby

Search this Thread