Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wide body?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wide body?

ok... i've done some searching around and cant find much info on getting my hands on a wide body kit - like Dick Herrell camaro

Or this one -
http://www.zlx.com/camaro/gmpp_s01.jpg

Do any of you know where i can get flared out fenders like that?

Any help is appreciated,

D
Old 08-22-2007, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no one makes them. The only way to buy them is to buy a dick herell camaro which is right at $90,000. You can always make one. Im undecided if im going to. Its fairly easy. Mount some foam wall on your car and carve the shape. Then soak the foam in fiberglass resin. and presto! From there you can make a mold and then a copy of your design. I heard that GMMG was going to start making and releasing those fenders but i also heard they would cost upwards of $5000. For some fenders? Id rather have a turbo or two myself. For 5k i could construct my entire kit and get it painted real candy.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

By the way the blue camaro shown is the ONLY 2003 camaro ever made, its a GM specialty car but its still the dick harell body so theyre one and the same up there. I think they look stupid the way the fender just ends theres no bottom part to the kit.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not a big fan of the fendes, gotta love a dick harell tho! wish they sold that fron bumper, i like it a lot
Old 08-22-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Addict

it looks ok but id rather not spend 5000 on fenders and quarters and then have to modify the bumper covers so they look right. theres someone on heres thats replicating them and going to make some sets for 2500. but i mean if your putting quarters and fenders your going to have to paint most of the car. here figure this. paint the fenders, quarters, blend rear hatch, blend both doors(probablly paint the whole door. since your doing the fenders and quarters). blend the hood, blend the hatch, and if you do mods on the bumper covers be ready to paint them aswell. quarters can be a lot of work to you will probablly need new inner wheel wells or atleast some sheet metal work to extend them.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is quite a bit of dough... but i just love that look! btw, thanks for the imput guys
Old 08-23-2007, 07:08 AM
TECH Addict

no problem i like the look on some of the dick harrell cars. i think it really matters on what color the car is. because there is a teal one and i think its ugly. but then you have the orange one and the green ones that i think look really nice.

Quick Reply: Wide body?