Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Are you interested in a leather interior panel kit?
Yes, I'm interested and have a '97-'02 Camaro.
50.22%
Yes, I'm interested and have a '97-'02 Firebird.
51.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Leather Interior Panel Kit... Any Interest??

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn you & your ideas Steve, LOL. I was just gettin ready to buy some material & do my entire interior minus the dash like this. I figure it'll be easier to just swap out a Ebony dash then try to cut, stitch & cover the dash. Especially around the vents.

Let me know how it works out for ya. I'll probably be buyin my material from a dealer here locally. They had pretty good pricing & my buddy is bringing me a extra set of sail panels, so they will be my test mules.

My friend that use to work @ a local stereo shop doin custom installs told me it's a little harder than it looks if you haven't ever attempted it before. So I trhink I'm gonna bribe him to help me. I wanna have mine done by December.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Launching!

Yeah, I would be interested as well count me in. Both of my doors are starting to crack and need to be fixed
Old 08-29-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be interested, I tried to wrap some small inner pieces and it didn't work out too well. Don't get too thick of material or it will suck. Good luck and I hope it works out because I hate the plastic panels of my interior.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by PunishedU
I would be interested, I tried to wrap some small inner pieces and it didn't work out too well. Don't get too thick of material or it will suck. Good luck and I hope it works out because I hate the plastic panels of my interior.
Did you let the adhesive set up until it was really sticky & use a heat gun or blowdryer to heat the material before you tried to stretch it?? If not you can end up with wrinkles & bubbles after the glue finishes setting. It helps tons if you heat the material, but don't heat it too much or it'll stretch thinner in some areas or pull others away from where it's supposed to be.

All in all if you wrap your own be prepared cause it's a major P.I.T.A. especially for a beginner. Thats why I'm gonna have help & not even attempt it alone. I have read enough about it I got it pretty much figured out, but I'd like to not wrap the same piece more than once bein a noob.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

So do we get a YES for Firebird interiors
Old 08-29-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would definitely do this, but i would also like the door panels, cuz my interior is clothe and i want to switch it out to leather soon. i want to see pics first, but everything looks good, then count me in!!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

I'm in...I think b/c I have a tan interior but there's already a lot of ebony so it might not be to bad.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Regular

lol more firebird votes than camaros

maybe you should make it for the firebirds and THEN the camaros if there is enough haha
Old 08-30-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm i have the Grey interior!! what would the ebony look like i wonder in there??
Prob would clash, but maybe with some gray embroidery is would come together
Old 08-30-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

you should really show a finished product before you offer it. Youd get a whole lot more business if you also offered gray and tan choices. How do you know theres not enough interest? All you offered was ebony so its not like people are going to tell you theyre interested in tan or gray when all you offered was black or ebony. If i were you id spend a little capitol and wrap a car in ebony, a car in tan, and a car in gray. Itd be a small investment to really open up both yours and the customers options. This is one of the biggest problems with our cars and thousands of people would jump on this if you did it correctly and advertised up the ying yang.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:51 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by evilZO6
you should really show a finished product before you offer it. Youd get a whole lot more business if you also offered gray and tan choices. How do you know theres not enough interest? All you offered was ebony so its not like people are going to tell you theyre interested in tan or gray when all you offered was black or ebony. If i were you id spend a little capitol and wrap a car in ebony, a car in tan, and a car in gray. Itd be a small investment to really open up both yours and the customers options. This is one of the biggest problems with our cars and thousands of people would jump on this if you did it correctly and advertised up the ying yang.
I would do that if I was an upholstery shop but I'm not. I make stainless steel covers but I'm going to do this to my Camaro either way. So if enough people are interested, I'll put together a kit so others can have the oppertunity to do this also. I've been around F-Bodys long enough to know that Ebony is the most popular color Sorry for not offering this "correctly"

Last edited by SPECIALIZED STAINLESS; 08-30-2007 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:04 PM
FormerVendor

Looks like there is enough interest so these will happen. I just need to get everything ordered. We're looking at probably 2-3 weeks. I'll keep you guys updated on the progress.

Thank you
Old 08-30-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

no man your doing a good job thats not what i meant. All i meant id your thinking too small with this. It could really blow up and as the originator you should seize the opportunity and make some money is all i meant. NO BODY makes a commercial leather wrap kit you could really make a killing. Maybe after ebony brings in all kinds of business you can do other colors and make a killing. And i didnt even know you already did the stainless stuff till i just looked. What an expansion that would be! I was just on your page im going to order some sails but i dont know what i want etched on them yet. Plus my cars still on its way from Massachusetts. Can you etch the door sills?
Old 08-30-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Regular

Hell yeah I'd be interested.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:31 PM
TECH Regular

so is this gonna be just big pieces that are gonna cover the doors? and what else?

I mean it sounds good but im worried that its gonna look good but be strange. Im really looking for a finished full kit with lots of pics.

Steve Ive followed you on Z28.com and seen your work and Its really great
Old 08-30-2007, 05:46 PM
FormerVendor

no man your doing a good job thats not what i meant. All i meant id your thinking too small with this. It could really blow up and as the originator you should seize the opportunity and make some money is all i meant. NO BODY makes a commercial leather wrap kit you could really make a killing. Maybe after ebony brings in all kinds of business you can do other colors and make a killing. And i didnt even know you already did the stainless stuff till i just looked. What an expansion that would be! I was just on your page im going to order some sails but i dont know what i want etched on them yet. Plus my cars still on its way from Massachusetts. Can you etch the door sills?
I get what you're saying but right now it's all I can do to keep up w/ the stainless covers. And this heat wave were having right now isn't helping! lol.
I can etch the door sills, there's actually a category in my store dedicated to etching. Pm me if you have any questions

Thank you
Old 08-30-2007, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

Cool

. . . It could really blow up and as the originator you should seize the opportunity and make some money is all i meant. NO BODY makes a commercial leather wrap kit you could really make a killing. Maybe after ebony brings in all kinds of business you can do other colors and make a killing . . .
He makes a VEEEERY valid point

Business 101
Old 08-30-2007, 05:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Screamin_99
so is this gonna be just big pieces that are gonna cover the doors? and what else?

I mean it sounds good but im worried that its gonna look good but be strange. Im really looking for a finished full kit with lots of pics.

Steve Ive followed you on Z28.com and seen your work and Its really great
I'll definitely post tons of pics once I do my own. I'm going to try to keep the kit as user friendly as possible. So basically, all the panels an average Joe could do will be included in the kit. If you've seen pictures of this before it looks very good!

Thank you
Old 08-30-2007, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would love to do the doors and also the dash,

pat
Old 08-30-2007, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Hey if business blows up, put me down for a dark gray set for Camaro.

Quick Reply: Leather Interior Panel Kit... Any Interest??