Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How to remove smoke smell

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 07:03 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default How to remove smoke smell

Does anyone have a method that does a decent job? I have tried baking soda, but it laughs back at me with nothing. lol
Old 09-09-2007, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try these:

http://www.ehow.com/how_155813_remov...tte-odors.html

Also read this on a forum where someone was trying to get rid if the smoke smell from a car:

"The reason the smell is so persistent is that the smoke tar deposits itself to all the ventillation ducts and in all interior fabric. I'd start with having the car detailed, including having all upholstery steam cleaned. Not sure how you're going to dislodge the tar in the vents though.

I cleaned out a great-uncle's appartment after both he and his wife died of enphesyma, smoking in a closed appartment for 50 years... Everything was coated with a thick layer of yellow tar. When wet, it would absorb straight through the skin... It's hard to clean up.

As to cleaning up the car, just think of it as cleaning a thin layer of sticky tar off every surface... and you'll get the idea."

Yuck.....sounds nasty Good luck!
Old 09-09-2007, 08:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to do this to my first truck. I took out every thing that would unbolt and went to cleaning. I used a steam cleaner on carpet and used pinesol on the panels and whatnot. Took apart a good part of the dash too to remove vents and ducting for cleaning. It took a day of work but came out smellin like a pine tree lol. If you want to cover up the smell you can spray febreeze everywhere or just... <---this only covers up the smoke smell temporarily
Old 09-09-2007, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
Try these:

http://www.ehow.com/how_155813_remov...tte-odors.html

Also read this on a forum where someone was trying to get rid if the smoke smell from a car:

"The reason the smell is so persistent is that the smoke tar deposits itself to all the ventillation ducts and in all interior fabric. I'd start with having the car detailed, including having all upholstery steam cleaned. Not sure how you're going to dislodge the tar in the vents though.

I cleaned out a great-uncle's appartment after both he and his wife died of enphesyma, smoking in a closed appartment for 50 years... Everything was coated with a thick layer of yellow tar. When wet, it would absorb straight through the skin... It's hard to clean up.

As to cleaning up the car, just think of it as cleaning a thin layer of sticky tar off every surface... and you'll get the idea."

Yuck.....sounds nasty Good luck!
^My mom inhereted a china hunch from my great aunt(smoked for about 70 years with along with my uncle) with a glass door. Glass was yellow and you could hardly see through it. It took half a roll of paper towels, all of them turned this nasty brown-ish yellow color.

Nozium(I think that is the name) air freshner. It comes in a small aersol can. Just use one shot at a time, it actually eliminates odors instead of trying to cover them up with some other obnoxious smell
Old 09-09-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

i would reccomend this product. it is designed to eliminate smoke odors after a fire. i used it to clean a gas tank to get rid of the fuel odor. it works awsome

Old 09-10-2007, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

use an o-zone blaster
Old 09-10-2007, 04:23 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: How to remove smoke smell