Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Entered a car show...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 03:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Entered a car show...

if you dont open the hood, trunk, doors, yada yada you get a big ZERO for points in those ruling catagories, if they're open you at least get a point if its dirty as hell
in most fair shows, cleanliness is the key to winning, not the amount of mods, but those are a definite plus
Old 06-10-2003, 11:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont sweat it.. the small shows can get hokey sometimes.. LOTS of times the people pick people they know to win.. is it fair? nope.. but when you dont have professional judges you sometimes get unprofessional results.. Maybe the judges wife had an affair once with a Camaro owner so now he never votes for fbodies? who knows

I lost at the Huntington Beach car show.. in fact they gave out 1st through 4th and I didnt even place.. Turns out the lead judge and I had "history" and he just walked by my car and didnt even judge it..

Super Chevy is a nice professional show.. it has its problems but the nice part is that they will go over your car afterwards and show you what they found and give you tips for next time

Nice car!
Old 06-10-2003, 02:16 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I'm already looking strongly into working on my engine bay. Its cleaner then the avg F-body bay that I've seen and I've polished a few things already. I'm already looking into getting FRC and a few other things to cover it up. I'm also planning on doing the wire mods to hide them like steve and andy's.

I already have the SS spoiler sitting in my basement ready to get painted. But I'm waiting to see if I will be getting the Ultra Z hood 1st because I'd rather have them painted at the same time. I'm having to rip apart some of my hatch tho because MTX sent me a defective amp and now I have to go though a whole BS process to send it back ect and then wait for a new one.

Oh and to answer someone question, this car is my daily driver (rain, snow, 24/7). Which is why it takes a little bit more work to always keep it clean.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:18 PM
Customizing Director

Super Chevy is a nice professional show.. it has its problems but the nice part is that they will go over your car afterwards and show you what they found and give you tips for next time

Yep I can't wait to goto super chevy. Gonna have to really go though the entire car with a fine comb .
Old 06-10-2003, 02:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Super Chevy is a good event. I'll be there. Just remember, engine bay and undercarriage - NO RUST.

Later
Old 06-10-2003, 02:29 PM
Customizing Director

Super Chevy is a good event. I'll be there. Just remember, engine bay and undercarriage - NO RUST.

Later
Yea I sooo need to order POR15. I remember back when I PMed ya which color you used .
Old 06-10-2003, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've entered a few car shows. Never really won anything with my fbody (actually had a t/a that I entered in a few, but not the formula). My truck is my "show" vehicle, though my car is nicer (just cause it's newer).

I can see both views. It is much easier to have a nice clean 4th gen than a 1969 camaro that has been restored and a lot of work has gone into it.

When you're up against newer stuff though, I think we should do good, but don't always. I think it's amazing that at car shows with all these "car guys" they don't know crap about our cars. I never say that my car has the corvette engine in it. I tell people that it's an LS1, which is the same engine they put in the corvette. Maybe it's just me, but it seems less like they just slapped a corvette engine in our car as a second thought.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Later
Well to be technical Super Chevy does NOT judge the undercarriage.. in fact you dont even get points for nice brakes (but it does help some on the overall appearance of the wheels)

However.. that engine bay better be SPOTLESS!!
Old 06-11-2003, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

Later
Well to be technical Super Chevy does NOT judge the undercarriage.. in fact you dont even get points for nice brakes (but it does help some on the overall appearance of the wheels)

However.. that engine bay better be SPOTLESS!!
I tried to get them to look at my polished Borla...no dice, the judge would not even consider looking under the car, it just is not judged. Then like Steve said, a spotless engine compartment means a lot.

Quick Reply: Entered a car show...