Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Who are you trying to impress?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Who are you trying to impress?

We are treated differently by the vehicle we drive.When i'm driving my 78 olds work car,i'm treated like a common Joe.When i drive the T/A vert,people treat and look at me way different.If they see me pull up in the T/A they always want to make eye contact to see who is driving a car like that.When i go to do business in the T/A,i'm treated with more respect than if i took my old olds.

My wife and i went to a nursery and purchased two 3ft trees and three bags of compost,when i asked about a delivery date they told us they couldn't deliver until wednesday,we were there on saturday.The same guy who said they couldn,t deliver until saturday brings the items to our T/A and looks at our car and says there's no way i'm putting this stuff in your car.He went and got the company truck and says i will deliver it right now,where do you live. The only reason he did that was because he saw the nice car.All the sudden we are being treated like royalty,he even hauled the stuff to the back yard for us,told me "I'll do it Sir" I'm not sure if i like the attention or not,it seems easier and less stressful to drive my old car.
Old 06-12-2003, 09:10 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I bought my car to have fun, and that's what I'm doing. If I impress someone else then that's cool, but I'm not trying to do so. If it wears out sooner from the excessive fun I'm having with it then oh well......
Old 06-12-2003, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As others have said, I do everything for myself. If there happened to be a mod that I personally liked that everyone else on the planet hated, I would still do it.

But to answer your question, I would much rather impress a fellow F-body owner, or a performance car enthusiast (male or female) in general than some "hot chick" who knows nothing about cars.
Old 06-12-2003, 09:29 AM
Chop-Foo Director

Nobody treats me any different since I sold the jeep and
got the Z. Not that I was expecting to or anything.
Maybe I just don't look for these types of things.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just like to wrench cause I have no life. I like to impress the dog by farting though and if I want to impress women I show them how I can lick the inside bottom of my beer glass.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

I like to be the one out front. I don't care what other people think. I want my car to outrun and outlook everything around(when I say outrun I'm talking street cars). I am proud to say that I had the or one of the fastest street cars within 30 miles of my town. I don't know if it's the best looking but in my opinion it is(there aren't many other cars around besides maybe a freinds NBM ram air--but he lives about 35 miles away -- that can hold a candle and my car isn't a ram air).

Josh S.
Old 06-12-2003, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

i do it for the feeling that you get when someone complements your car and asks you who did it and i can say that i did it.
Old 06-15-2003, 12:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Who the hell would want to fix up a ricer anyway?? It doesn't matter if it's bone stock or Steve's car. It's American, baby. What YOU do IS you.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I do it to impress myself, if anyone else is impressed by my car, then thats a bonus. I love hitting the drag strip and having people crowd the car after a pass because they didn't expect a newer "firebird" to sound like it does or to lift the wheels when launching. Pretty good for a grocery getter. Its funny because most people say it doesn't look like much but sure sounds mean as hell and runs as good as it sounds.
Pretty much sums it up
J
Old 06-16-2003, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

I make my car faster and look better for myself. I don't think I need to impress anyone or even have the fastest car out there...granted it would be nice but if I wanted a drag car I'd build a drag car. I do like to turn a few heads here and there but other than that the car is mine and I'm gonna so what I want to it.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just like everyone else on here, I bought my 2002 M6 Z28 for ME and nobody else. Love the killer styling(IMO!) and awesome power. But I don't ever mind the positive attention that comes along with it(and it does get a lot of it).

What's ironic is that everyone wants a ride in my car, but as soon as I oblige them, they start bitching 'cause of how I drive it(which is kinda hard). What they don't understand though is that it IS a very powerful car and that I didn't buy it to drive it like some old lady.

The only person I ever try to impress with my Camaro is me(and it's not like I need to do that anyway).
Old 06-17-2003, 11:47 PM
Teching In

like others have said.. its about having the car for you and doing what you want to it. The smiles and the compliments are fruits of our labor.

oh yeah, i do admire getting a thumbs up from guys in ferraris and porsches...

Quick Reply: Who are you trying to impress?