Blue dash lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007 | 08:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jim11
any1 got a link?
To what the bulbs or bezels?

bulbs are here:

which I know was/is a sponser but I don't know if its of this site or another.

Last edited by phantomzer0; 12-10-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-10-2007 | 08:26 PM
TECH Veteran

PM me if you guys want info.....
Old 12-11-2007 | 08:05 PM
Teching In

man does any1 else have a site? pm me or respond here. the site guys have given me are too expensive for leds lol
Old 12-13-2007 | 06:19 PM
Teching In

anybody got a link to a site thats not expensive????thanksssss
Old 12-13-2007 | 08:44 PM
12 Second Club

NONSPONSOR ...... they have a good selection.

Last edited by phantomzer0; 12-14-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-13-2007 | 09:07 PM
Teching In

yeah but which ones do i need?
Old 12-13-2007 | 09:15 PM
12 Second Club

its up to u how bright u want the lights to be... all the bulbs on their have their differences. just look into it further
Old 12-13-2007 | 10:01 PM
Teching In

have u ordered any from there?? and if so what kind
Old 12-13-2007 | 10:04 PM
12 Second Club

no i havent.... but i am going to as soon as i get back from leave and start disassembling my interior to change all the lights....
Old 12-13-2007 | 10:22 PM
Teching In

oh alright well let me know what u go with. and any1 else who have gotten leds for this?
Old 12-14-2007 | 10:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZetaVeinteOcho
At the time my camera sucked, but they look deep blue like the link above ^

Oh and the bezel around the cluster is brushed aluminum. Here's my crappy pic:

This is actually hyper whitte bulbs.On camaros the cluster has a blue tint to it so blue bulbs are not needed.I know a guy who does great work PM me for a name.
Old 12-14-2007 | 10:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RUDE SS
This is actually hyper whitte bulbs.On camaros the cluster has a blue tint to it so blue bulbs are not needed.I know a guy who does great work PM me for a name.
Wow you are completely wrong on all levels,
FIRST this is my car and those are NOT hyper whites. The reason why the blue looks light in color is because there is light coming from outside of the car into the cabin. Also because my camera sucks at taking pics without a flash which can't be used other wise you would not see the color at all.

And what camaros are you talking about with a blue cluster? That would mean that everybody's cluster looks blue in stock form since white lights are what comes from the factory. Is this some special edition we don't know about? The hash marks and numbers are white, and hyper white bulbs give off a slightly blueish hue, NOT because the dash is blue but because hyper white gives off that color and there is NO WAY white bulbs hyper or otherwise will give your cluster this look:

That is only achived through a true BLUE LED. This is exactly how my cluster looks when the cabin is completely dark.

Last edited by ZetaVeinteOcho; 12-14-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-14-2007 | 10:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

And what camaros are you talking about with a blue cluster? That would mean that everybody's cluster looks blue in stock form since white lights are what comes from the factory. Is this some special edition we don't know about? The hash marks and numbers are white, and hyper white bulbs give off a slightly blueish hue, NOT because the dash is blue but because hyper white gives off that color.
Sorry buddy but he is right All Camaro's have a blue film behind the cluster, HVAC, Headlight switch, and Monsoon head unit.
Old 12-14-2007 | 10:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

FIRST this is my car and those are NOT hyper whites. The reason why the blue looks light in color is because there is light coming from outside of the car into the cabin. Also because my camera sucks at taking pics without a flash which can't be used other wise you would not see the color at all.

And what camaros are you talking about with a blue cluster? That would mean that everybody's cluster looks blue in stock form since white lights are what comes from the factory. Is this some special edition we don't know about? The hash marks and numbers are white, and hyper white bulbs give off a slightly blueish hue, NOT because the dash is blue but because hyper white gives off that color and there is NO WAY white bulbs hyper or otherwise will give your cluster this look:

That is only achived through a true BLUE LED. This is exactly how my cluster looks when the cabin is completely dark.
Yes you are running blue LEDs in your cluster and we can see that because it has a darker blue then what was shown above.Notice the previous pic has a lighter blue. This is because you use a white bulb. Like I said with camaro clusters they have a slightly blue tint. So with the white leds it shows off the bluish tint. There should be many here that will back this up. I have the same set up as the prevouse pic. I should know whats in my car thankyou.
Old 12-14-2007 | 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Brian2006
Sorry buddy but he is right All Camaro's have a blue film behind the cluster, HVAC, Headlight switch, and Monsoon head unit.
Thankyou Brian I hate it when people try to say im totaly wrong when I know this for a fact
I know Iv learned from the best^^^

Last edited by RUDE SS; 12-14-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-14-2007 | 11:14 AM
TECH Veteran

You should get your **** straight before you go telling people how wrong they are. This has been discussed over and over. Camaros have a blue film, Firebird's have a red film. That means if you put in a white bulb, your gauges will light up blue in a camaro and red in a firebird. END OF DISCUSSION.
Old 12-14-2007 | 12:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RUDE SS
Yes you are running blue LEDs in your cluster and we can see that because it has a darker blue then what was shown above.Notice the previous pic has a lighter blue. This is because you use a white bulb---No They are not white, that lighter blue "looking pic is MY car and like you said below..this is MY car and I know what I put in it and I know what happens to colored light when other light hits it. It looks lighter because there is light (with an orange hue) coming from the outside...period

Like I said with camaro clusters they have a slightly blue tint.
So with the white leds it shows off the bluish tint. I have seen many LED's and for the most part "white" ones always give off a blueish hue on there own. Now IF the hue is a bit more blue because of the film so be it, but to say to the original poster that he doesn't need to buy blue LED's because the film is blue is not correct since what he wants is the real blue and not a light blue hue ,tint or whatever. There should be many here that will back this up. I have the same set up as the prevouse pic.I should know whats in my car thankyou. Same here! See above..

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
You should get your **** straight before you go telling people how wrong they are. This has been discussed over and over. Camaros have a blue film, Firebird's have a red film. That means if you put in a white bulb, your gauges will light up blue in a camaro and red in a firebird. END OF DISCUSSION.

Well since I'm a very big man, I can admitt and apologize for not knowing this "film" crap.....
......Now the cluster does not look blue like any of the pics above on stock cars and we all know THAT is a fact, Which is the whole point, because the guy above said that LED's are not needed to make your cluster look blue and all you need are white lights. But white lights come stock and the cluster looks nothing like any of those pics. And 99% of white led's already give off a blueish hue regardless of the film color but its not dark enough even with this film **** over the cluster to make it look like the pics.

However this has all just become rhetoricle to me since I HAVE real blue LED's in my cluster and no part of this discussion will make my 470rwhp n/a car go any faster.
Old 12-17-2007 | 10:46 PM
Teching In

still aint found any..dang too expensive or there on ebay and i gotta pay like 15-25$ for shipping heck no..
Old 12-18-2007 | 01:18 AM
TECH Veteran

i wonder if the blue film can be removed......
Old 12-18-2007 | 03:16 AM
Launching!

how about you just get them at radio shack...duh!