Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

T-top installation???

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question T-top installation???

Hey guys, I have a 1998 Chevrolet Camaro that I have had for 7 years. It's black on black, and I love the car to death, it was my very first car, the only problem is, it doesn't have T-Tops. I understand that subframe connectors will have to be installed to make up for structure loss, but is all of the support present for T-tops? Is the support the same for the Coupe as it is for the T-Top model?
Old 12-22-2007, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

All 4th gen F-bodies were made T-Top cars, but for the coupe, they welded in to the two bars on either side. The subframes would help afterwards, but a t-top converted car would be structurally the same as an original T-Top car, therefore making the subframes not technically necessary
Old 12-22-2007, 04:07 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's an easy one day job. You need about $500 in parts and a dremel (some type of power saw for the big cuts makes the day go a LOT faster). Where are you located?
Old 12-24-2007, 01:51 AM
On The Tree

watch out for the drimmel disk exploding. i had one explode and go all the way thru my cheek. bad bad bad deal. trip to the er for that was not cheep. if u use the dremmel use a face sheild as well.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did mine in a weekend, i put SFC in mine just because i got them for my birthday at the same time i was doing the conversion, the only thing i screwed up on was taking too much of the sail panel between the rear hatch and ttops, i sanded down too much behind the ttops and now there is a gap so i have some dyna-de-lite that i am going to fix it here and have it painted when i get my car repainted here in january.

Quick Reply: T-top installation???