Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

leather wrapping interior

Old 01-13-2008, 04:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default leather wrapping interior

how much would it cast to get a shop to do this, I mean wrap the dash and interior plastic pieces in leather? Ive been looking at the kit to do this yourself and need to know if this really is do it yourself easy or just better to pay someone else to do it.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:55 AM
TECH Resident

not sure which one you were looking at but specialized stainless has a kit that looks do-it-yourself. I'm sure it will be time consuming, but as long as you're patient and follow their instructions it will probably turn out really well! Their instructions are 30 bucks so they better be some damn good instructions!

http://store.specializedstainless.co...r+Interior+Kit
Old 01-13-2008, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ya thats what prompted this thread, I was looking at the specialized stainless kit and I had to wonder. Its just that Ive never done anything like this so I dont want to bite off more than I can chew. If its fairly simple Ill probably attempt it myself but anything more and I would look to someone else.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:32 AM
FormerVendor

It's really not that hard, just time consuming. Just follow our directions and if you can't figure something out, give me a call or send an email One tip, use an actual heat gun, not a hair dryer (I picked one up from Harbor Freight for $15). A shop would probably charge upwards of $800 in labor alone to wrap your interior. Hope this helps w/ your decision...
Old 01-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Teching In

So, when you say, "wrap" the interior, are you talking about EVERYTHING? What parts would you consider to be feasibly wrapped? Also, if you wrapped everything, how many yards would you need??
Old 01-14-2008, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, Thank you toofazt, that number pretty well makes up my mind. If that number is anywhere accurate I could buy 4 kits and **** up three of them and it would still be cheaper. As far as what I consider feasibly wrapped, well honestly I havent seen my car in near 10 months, so I dont know. Ill figure that out when I re-deploy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: leather wrapping interior