Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Custom Blue Gauge Cluster...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Custom Blue Gauge Cluster...

I am posting a short how-to because I am selling mine but it will only work on other 98's so instead of having to reply to every non-98 with a PM, here's a quick how to...

I bought some translucent blue film from a hobby store. I removed my gauge cluster, took off the bezel and started cutting the blue film to shape (I want to make the white ares blue but leave the red areas red).

You ended up cutting small and weird shapes because I did NOT remove the gauge face completely (didn't want to mess up the needles) so I pryed it back (easy to do, it is just stuck on to the plastic) and (at times using tweezers) stuck the blue film where it need to go (blue film is NOT adhesive but the face is sticky enough it does NOT move once in place).

You HAVE to get WHITE BULBS (stock are yellow) afterwards or it will just look really GREEN. After 3 hours of tedious work I was left with an AWESOME cluster, here's the pics:

It is way better (and harder though) than BLUE LED's because they make your redlines PURPLE. This looks factory but much cooler !

Anyone with a 1998 can take the easy route and just buy mine (I'm changing my interior color) and it will come with the Trans-Am bezel and Z28 gauge faced decal...

Gauge Cluster FOR SALE
Old 01-15-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why only 98's?
Old 01-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
why only 98's?
The "how to" will work for all years but if you wanted to buy mine you would need a 1998. They changed something in 1999 and if you were to mix years and turn the car on they would smoke (don't ask how I know ! )...
Old 01-15-2008, 04:46 PM
TECH Veteran

oh gotcha....can the stock camaro guage cluster blue film be removed? it affects my red leds negatively of course....
Old 01-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
oh gotcha....can the stock camaro guage cluster blue film be removed? it affects my red leds negatively of course....

Nope...
Old 01-15-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Veteran

damn thats too bad.....I do like how the red is still there though, can't acheive that with leds....

what is your new set-up going to be?

Quick Reply: Custom Blue Gauge Cluster...