Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

BLACK paint...a love/hate relationship

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: BLACK paint...a love/hate relationship

I also own a Daily Driven BLACK 01 Trans Am Ram Air...and agree, i spend way too much time waxing and cleaning it, and it still drives me crazy , at least in direct sunlight...anytime else it just looks Wicked, especially at dusk, it reflects so deeply, all of my friends envy my car at dusk, but again, they have no clue how much work it takes to keep it that way..and driven daily, makes it worse,but i bought it to drive it..not look at it on blocks in the garage.i'm tryin Zaino this weekend...what everyone have to say about Zaino...let me know what u think
Old 07-31-2003, 10:07 PM
FormerVendor

Mine is black and my daily driver. Here in FL, between the sun and thunderstorms, it is too much to keep on top of daily.

Old 07-31-2003, 10:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

You're preachin' to the choir!!!I just finished putting a wreck back together. Of course, it was black, so I decided to stay with it. I washed it for the first time like it was a newborn baby. Can't escape anything. I'm too scared to wax it. Nothing like "right out of the booth" paint. I guess I'll just suck it up and drive the S.O.B. like it should be driven (I do put a cover on it when it's it the garage) Just a car, right?? Ha.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:46 AM
Staging Lane

I have a black SS also as my daily driver, and what a pain it is in FL during the rainy season... I am now jealous of white SS's...they look so clean, and the way the car glows at night is amazing...
Old 08-01-2003, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Black '01 Z28 here. I love the color on all cars. Just a bad *** color in general. I wouldnt give up black for anything but silver. Well Ferrari's have to be red I think it is well worth the few minutes of fame you get from other people when ur Black car is blingin after a nice long bath. I have mine as a daily driver and yes I park it outside. No car cover yet or garage But like I have always thought. Black is the BADEST car when it is clean But to get it there it is such a pain and makes u really wanna something..lol but until next time. Ya'll be good. Laterz Justin
Old 08-03-2003, 09:54 PM
TECH Regular

I also have a daily driver (98 SS Camaro). I spend about 2 hrs (doesnt include waxing) a week and clean the S**T out of the car and after about a day it is dirty again. But I would not have any other color (well, except for pewter just because I love the color and always have). The only thing that pisses me off is when I find that "new scratch" everytime I wash it. It is very disheartening. I would rather repaint than to get a different colored car.
Are you my twin?! I share everything you just said in that statement perfectly...only I own a Formula. I cried this weekend when I hit a raccoon...not becuase I killed it, but becuase his teeth scratched my paint.GAHHH.
Ed
Old 08-04-2003, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a pewter T/A and i have to spray wax the whole car,do the wheels,tires,glass and vacuum every 100 mi.

A black car would push me over the edge...i owned a 79 ford van (black)that drove me nuts

I do like black,it can be depressing though,till the sun goes down

Old 08-06-2003, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Like someone else already said, the biggest problem I have with black is that there is always some new scratch/scratches that are always showing up in the clearcoat after I've been working on it. And sadly, most of them are because of me.

And you guys don't even want to know what I did to my Z's hood last week.

As long as I have the car, I'll continue to treat it royally(because I'm that committed to it), but don't expect that to be too much longer...
Old 08-06-2003, 12:23 PM
Launching!

I just bought an '02 black Z28. After reading this thread, I'm scared to take it out of the garage. We're all in agreement though, they look the best!
Old 08-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Launching!

My hat is off to JoeDrum71 for the awesome restoration! I would love to take on a project like that- Taking a trashed Fbody and making it damn sweet!
Old 08-09-2003, 06:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Black can't be beat period!
It is the meanest looking and the deepest shining colour of all.
Neither my all-original 1977 bandit or my 1999 WS6 have ever been to a car wash! They are garage kept and usually driven cruise nights but the paint is still absolutely immaculate on both (see pics through link in sig).

I have had torch red and aslo still own two white cars for daily driving but love black for cruising. Only thing that gets to me is the back bumper on the 99 as it accumulates dust sitting still but I have my California duster handy for that when I need it too!

This is my 3rd black Trans Am and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Quick Reply: BLACK paint...a love/hate relationship