Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

which carpet adhesive

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which carpet adhesive

A friend of mine has an 1984 Z28 that we are restoring, and were at the interior now. We tried putting the new carpet in with the 3M spray adhesive but it's not strong enough. I'm thinking that a brush-on style glue/adhesive might work better. Does anybody have any advice?
Old 05-03-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those 3M cans of adhesive are really not good for many applications. I recommend getting a product made by 3M it is called Landau top and trim adhesive (made for holding the material for vinyl tops). you should be able to get it at any place that sells professional body shop supplies. This is what I use, you will need a cheap siphon type sprayer and a air compressor.

Make sure you spray both the underside of the carpet and the surface you would like it ot adhere to. Are you planning on putting any type of padding or sound deadener under the carpet? if so I recommend Jute, it is cheap and works great as a insulater/sound deadener, it looks like the stuff you pull from your dryers lint trap.

let us know how this goes and what product you decided to use. If you have any more questions please feel free to pm me.