Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Want to modify...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008 | 10:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to modify...

Ok guys/gals. With the bird out for this show season, I want to bring her back next year totally re-done. I want to carry the flame theme throughout the entire car without going overboard. Here is what I was thinking. Let me know what you think and what should be done different. Thanks!!
For the engine bay, I already have a chrome radiator shield, battery and fuse box cover, flamed chrome radiator cap, and a chrome strut tower brace. Here is what I want to add, pcm cover, polished covers for the washer, power steering, brake, and coolant tank. Chrome oil dipstick. Going to first attemp to polish my coil bracket, if not powdercoat it. Powdercoat the valve covers and have my flames painted on them. Want to get flames etched into the battery cover. I'm having a custom mirror kit made since no one offers it for the car.
On the interior, I'm getting polished door sill panels, thinking about having either flames or her name, Baby Bird, etched onto them, painting the door panels and putting the flames into them, have a MBA shifter **** to put on, want to change ***** over to polished ones, looking at a set with flames etched onto them, thinking of painting the front pillars that go to the t-tops silver and putting purple flames up them.
So far, thats all I can think of. Any more ideas or input, please post responses. Also, still need more help finding all the stupid chrome caps, send me websites with part numbers or direct pages please. Not good at searching on web
Old 06-22-2008 | 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Pictures of it as it sits now would help. So we can kinda visualize what your working with
Old 06-24-2008 | 04:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can get you set up with polished stainless covers and custom etching. You can check out our LT1 covers here: http://store.specializedstainless.co...+%2793+-+%2797

We can get almost anything you want etched on our covers... let me know exactly what you're thinking and I can send you a quote for the custom etching.

Maybe post up some pictures if you know how and we can give you some advice Sorry for the late response, just saw the thread.

We can also do powder coating and offer a REALLY cool looking candy purple (bottom middle in picture below). You can actually get custom etching under the candy powder coating for a really neat effect easy cleaning.

Last edited by SPECIALIZED STAINLESS; 06-24-2008 at 04:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Want to modify...