Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:05 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I was always planning on !VHT to my tailights and I am pretty sure that I am actually going to do it now. I was also thinking on if I do it, what else should I do to the rear as far as decal wise. Keep in mind that I will be 95% murdering the thing out also. So heres my question, With the tailights blacked out, what do you think I should do with the "Trans Am", bird, and "Pontiac" rear fill-ins. I was thinking about going chrome with all 3 but I would kind of want to see it first. So my options are basically to either remove the trans am and bird and leave it all black, keep the trans am and bird in stock red, or chrome all 3 or any combo that woould look good I guess such as keeping the PONTIAC body color and then just doing the TRANS AM and the bird in chrome. So I would probably VHT the lights and then do the TRANS AM and BIRD in chrome and see what that looks like with keeping the PONTIAC body color and then add the PONTIAC in chrome if I think it would look better like that. I am in class and trying to hurry up and post this because I have to leave now so I hope this kind of makes sense to you guys. I have also considered keeping it as is and not messing with anything, and also I will be going with a black WS6 emblem and not the stock red. Any imput that you may have and also pictures that you guys have of black Trans Am's with black tailights would be greatly appreciated also. Thank You!!!!

Car as of now:
Old 09-26-2008, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

I also have the side markers and third brake light blacked out already also. I was just wondering what combo of decals would look the best on the rear. Another option would be take off the stock red bird and TRANS AM and just fill in the PONTIAC with chrome. And I also did check the sticky but over half of the pictures on there won't load anymore.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

take it all off. so stealth. thats the route i'm going

definately do the vht, just don't get it too dark
Old 09-27-2008, 02:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you do the nite shades/VHT, have a professional paint shop clear coat over it. Its a night and day difference! It will come out matt black if you just spray it on and it will have darker spots, I don't care how steady your hand is. I just did my front turn signals and hated it. My buddy reccommended I have it clearcoated over and it now looks like black covers . Went from a -5 to a 10. Take my word for it, you wont be sorry.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:44 AM
TECH Regular

i would do the center bird just black and the pontiac in chrome everything else black
Old 09-27-2008, 04:22 AM
TECH Addict

Black out everything but the tail lights. It's a nice murdered out look with the clean sense still there.

Here is my old firebird. I did kinda what your talking about except I did covers and white decals.

Quick Reply: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!