Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuddle Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuddle Racing

I was wondering if anyone here knows how to get in touch with John at Fuddle. I've been leaving messages and emails for the past 6 months with no response.

Here's the problem. I ordered a converter for a customers '99 C5 while we had the trans. out for a rebuild. Within less than 2k miles he brought it by with TC slippage codes. We tried a few things with the tune, even increased the line pressure which made the slippage worse. Talked to the trans builder and he said it sounds like the clutch it the converter had debonded and plugged the little screens in the trans with clutch material.

I called Fuddle and talked to John. He didn't think the converter was the problem. But said to pull it and send it to him to check out. I pulled the converter out of the car and sent the trans to the trans shop before shipping the converter. The trans builder went through the trans and only had to clean the clutch material from the converter out of everything.

I called John again and told him what we found and that I was going to ship him the converter. He said that if it was actually the clutch debonded he would cover everything. The labor for pulling and replacing the converter, the trans cleaning, and up grade the converter. All that sounded really good, seemed he was going to stand behind his product.

Well after a few weeks of not hearing from him I called him. It took several days to reach him this time. When I did get him he was just getting ready to cut it open. He was going to call back the next day and let me know what he found, didn't do so. Took a little while to get him again. When I did finally get him he said that he was still running test on the converter to see why the clutch had be bonded. He said that it take time to run all the test that they run.

Took another few weeks to get him on the phone again. When I did he said I was right about the converter. The clutch material had debonded and it was their fault. Something about the glue he used not holding I think is what he said. He said he was going to cover everything just like he said he would. We talked about the price of the labor and trans cleaning. He said that the price wasn't a problem and would pay it out of his pocket if he had to. I told him that due to the time frame I had put a stock converter back in the customers car. There no way he could have waited a couple months for his converter. He said he would send us an up graded converter or sell the old one of us. As he couldn't refund the price of the converter. He was going to call me back on Friday (2days) with the method of payment. That has been about three months ago. I've not been able to reach him on the phone or by email. I did reach some lady one day but she would not let me speak to him and said she would have him call me back. Well that was last month and he still hasn't called back.

Now I'm out of my labor, the trans cleaning and the customer is out the money he paid for his converter.

So if anyone has any method of contacting John would they please give me the # or just call him and do a three way call? If your his neighbor could you walk next door and ask him to give me a call? Anything, Anything at all, Please.

William
Old 10-17-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck trying to get your situation fixed with fuddle!! too many people have issues with fuddle.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

hate it when this kinda **** happens.....
Old 10-17-2008, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
hate it when this kinda **** happens.....

i know man!!! i hate it when guys like fuddle screw people over. they see so many threads which converter to use and we tell them to never go cheap. but for some reason, people still buy the cheap converters.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:01 PM
Restricted User

And to think I was even setup to be a dealler for Fuddle. Now I can't even get him to answer the phone.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Launching!

Forgive me if im wrong, but I think things like this is why they were taken off the sponsership side bar.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Restricted User

You very well could be right.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by joker_01z28
Forgive me if im wrong, but I think things like this is why they were taken off the sponsership side bar.
as a matter of fact that is true, fuddle has screwed people over and thats why they were taken off sponsership. Never buy a fly by night converter company. Yank it and get off quicker.

Last edited by allthrotle; 10-20-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

almost the same issue here, never got my upgrade converter refund, sent email after email, converter never locks up let alone vibrates at different rpms.. Its coming out and now i have a nice blue boat anchor. Yank or vig is going in its place.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BubaGumpShrimp
almost the same issue here, never got my upgrade converter refund, sent email after email, converter never locks up let alone vibrates at different rpms.. Its coming out and now i have a nice blue boat anchor. Yank or vig is going in its place.
Get a Yank its def the way to go.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:33 AM
11 Second Club

I agree Yank all the way. !!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Hey Gents. 2 years ago I got a Fuddle. What a piece of junk it turned out to be. Less than a month after install, it started giving me all kinds of problems. Clutches disentegated inside. I had it removed before it tore my tranny. It was a weekend driver only. No track time.Needless to say I sent it back to John. He rebuilt it. I sold it with a warning to the buyer about my issues. 2 months later buyer was having the same issues with it,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited by gentle gto; 10-22-2008 at 12:23 PM.