Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rebuilt 4l60e slipping

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rebuilt 4l60e slipping

so i had it rebuilt took 2 months 2 get it back. i get it installed and it starts slipping. ok first and second go in perfect but at the time 4 it 2 go in 2 third it slips. i can manuely shift first and second and feels good but third and 4th still wont go in. i called the guy he sais it could be something electrical he said he didnt change any sensors or anything electrical. can something electrical cause slipping like this.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Launching!

anybody have any idea! the guy who did it from the dealer is coming 2 look at it tommorow so i need 2 now if he just ripped me and didnt fix it!! plz
Old 10-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Banned

If it took two months to get it back I'd question the guys abilities.
Or theres a very, VERY slim chance he used thick grease to hold something in place and it hasn't melted away yet.

FYI TransGo sometimes recommends thick grease to hold parts during assembly. This always makes a trans act weird for a while, I haven't used grease since a long time ago.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
If it took two months to get it back I'd question the guys abilities.
Or theres a very, VERY slim chance he used thick grease to hold something in place and it hasn't melted away yet.

FYI TransGo sometimes recommends thick grease to hold parts during assembly. This always makes a trans act weird for a while, I haven't used grease since a long time ago.
hmmm intresting grease? so can electrical things be a issue?
Old 10-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Launching!

anybody else have any input?
Old 10-26-2008, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

he should warrant his work and if it didnt slip before then that eliminates everything but the work that he performed. i would imagine it was something that he did. chech and make sure that there is plenty of fluid in the tranny because if there is no fluid then it will "slip" my old chevy burst a leak, a bad one, and i had to drive with no fluid for 20 miles til i got home lol. i couldnt give it any gas or it would just rev but your is not that bad but jus check the fluid for starters and make sure there is plenty
Old 10-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00MaroVSix
he should warrant his work and if it didnt slip before then that eliminates everything but the work that he performed. i would imagine it was something that he did. chech and make sure that there is plenty of fluid in the tranny because if there is no fluid then it will "slip" my old chevy burst a leak, a bad one, and i had to drive with no fluid for 20 miles til i got home lol. i couldnt give it any gas or it would just rev but your is not that bad but jus check the fluid for starters and make sure there is plenty
fluids full but im wondering can it be the shift solenoid.