Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FB Performance Transmissions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FB Performance Transmissions?

Does anyone have experience with these transmissions? (fbperformance.com)They sound promising with their claims on power ratings, especially on the GM style 4STB tranny, what ever the hell that is. Thanks.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:56 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The trans is a Ford AOD that has been modified to work behind many applications. Remember HP ratings are just what they are ratings. I personally feel that you can not put a rating on these things because of the different applications that they can be used. To HP ratings are sales pitches! Vince

Last edited by FLT; 11-15-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question for Vince

I appreciate the response Vince. I'm usually cautious on any ad or claim so I try to get real world advice. Now that I have a professional tranny builder on here I'm going to beat this dead horse a little more. How much heavier is a 4L80e over a 4L60e? I don't know what to believe anymore. And how much more power do you think is used to spin it? Thanks again.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:56 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally have never weighted the 80 but I think it is about 50 maybe 65 lbs heavier without the converter. As far as the power loss it does take a bit more to spin however in some cases the gearing difference actually helps guys with traction in first gear. We need someone that has done the conversion to actually post dyno results before and after to see the real differences. Vince
Old 11-17-2008, 04:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
... We need someone that has done the conversion to actually post dyno results before and after to see the real differences. Vince

It's unfortunate though; with unlocked stalls, the differences will not be comparable, and most of the users that need an 80 should NOT be making locked pulls

The best real world difference of the 80 is that they don't break (well, for the most part).

Quick Reply: FB Performance Transmissions?