Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new auto guy w/ PG

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new auto guy w/ PG

okay guys i have been doing a lot of research and have a few questions. a little back ground on the car. Its a 99 Camaro SS that weights 3520 with me in it. the car makes 600/630 to the ground. its a nitrous car and will be getting even more motor and nitrous when this motor blows up. it has a T56 with spec 5 clutch and a moser 9" with 4:11 gears with 27" et streets. the car sees about 2 miles of street use and thats getting it from the back garage to the front yard to load up on the trailer. the future motor will be a 403 with high compression, big heads, solid roller cam, high octane, and two big stages of nitrous.

1) i have a power glide sitting in the garage from a 69 chevelle. should i use it for my application?

2) where should it be sent to to have it checked out and rebuilt? can i do it with a rebuild kit?

3) do i need a trans cooler with it? i will be running a trans brake also.

4) what safety stuff like blankets do i need?

5) how do i know which one i have between a 1.8x or 1.76 gear ratio?

6) what converter for nitrous?

7) does anyone sell a kit for pedals, lines, and shifter already done?

8) finally does anyone know someone who wants all my T56 stuff so i have money to do the PG?

if i missed something in the stickey section or forgot to read a link in the search area please dont crucify me, just let me know i missed one.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:41 PM
10 Second Club

come on someone help me out
Old 11-30-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my humble opinion your car weighs to much and doesn't make enough power to utilize a powerglide to it's potential. I would recomend a TH400 with a brake in it. Unless you can get your weight down to less than 3000.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

1) i have a power glide sitting in the garage from a 69 chevelle. should i use it for my application? i am swapping from a th350 to a glide as we speak, and im never lookin back

2) where should it be sent to to have it checked out and rebuilt? can i do it with a rebuild kit? PTC is a good place to start, they have all kinds of rebuild kits at a good price

3) do i need a trans cooler with it? i will be running a trans brake also. cooler= must

4) what safety stuff like blankets do i need? cant help ya on that one

5) how do i know which one i have between a 1.8x or 1.76 gear ratio? 1.76 is stronger than the 1.82- doesnt really make a difference in ET wise

6) what converter for nitrous? i dont run nitrous so i couldnt tell ya, mine is a 8" ptc 5000 stall

7) does anyone sell a kit for pedals, lines, and shifter already done? just look into a automatic break/gas pedal asembly for our cars ebay or someone shoudl have one for cheap....., shifter... i am partial to the hurst quarter stick

8) finally does anyone know someone who wants all my T56 stuff so i have money to do the PG? ill give u 30$

if i missed something in the stickey section or forgot to read a link in the search area please dont crucify me, just let me know i missed one.[/QUOTE]