Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TH350 problems. Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TH350 problems. Any ideas?

I start with the problem. Slips in Reverse. First Gear is fine. Second gear it doesn't seem to shift. Third Slips. I think its the valve body but I just want to hear what else could be the problem. I installed a TCI Reverse Manual Valve Body part number 321100. I was told it was recently rebuilt and and supposed to be in working out (don't kno for sure). I am not sure if anyone else has done that valve body and can help me but the picture TCI had on the instructions didn't look like my tranny but I plugged the only other logical hole. Any help would be appreciated considering i'm not tranny expert. Thanks Guys

Freddie
Old 12-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Banned

Well did you ever run this trans with the original VB?
Lesson #1 never buy a used trans and swap valve bodies without running it first.
Since VB swaps can be done in the vehicle.
So what do you do? I don't know where to begin. If you come back and say you ran it and it ran fine with the automatic VB, then we can narrow it down. But if you say you bought it, never ran it, and installed a manual VB now thats a whole other can of worms. Since who sells anything that hasn't been recently rebuilt.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

sorry for the late reply been busy. hate to admit it but I didnt try it before i put the valve body in. I took it apart and saw the clutches were new looking but i bought the red clutches and installed those i saw that he had the drum things shaved to fit 5 clutches. But I have still having the same problem with the new clutches. it seems like wen I have my shifter in 2nd its still in 1st then when i click it to 3rd it goes to second but slips and if i let off alittle it shifts up like to third but both gears slip and so does reverse.