Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going with an auto

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Going with an auto

Ok, here is my story i bought a 99 z28 roller that is already setup for a six speed, but after much thought and what my plans are with it i have decided to go to a auto.. Now this car has no motor, tranny nor any computer or engine harness.. I am now starting to gather up the parts to switch it over. I am going to try to buy a complete auto dropout, but what other misc things do i need? center console??

So far i have got the auto pedals, auto crossmember

And what else will it take for me to make this happen? do i have to wire anything up differently or will the auto computer "bolt" right in?
Old 12-13-2008, 08:18 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you get a take out from an auto car I would think that you would have most of what you will need. Make sure to get a computer that is 99 and later. The 98 computer is a bit different than the later ones making it hard to tune and also I believe there is an issue with the fuel gauge. IIRC
Old 12-13-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
If you get a take out from an auto car I would think that you would have most of what you will need. Make sure to get a computer that is 99 and later. The 98 computer is a bit different than the later ones making it hard to tune and also I believe there is an issue with the fuel gauge. IIRC
thanks