Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80 not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 02:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80 not working

I'm doing a swap in my truck 08 silverado my only problem is that the 4l80e is not working because I have a Gen4 truck and the gen4 didnt come out with 4l80e.

The solution for my problem (I think) is a standalone TCU so can any1 help me with my problem. I found the TCI but I dont know what else to take with it to make it work.

I tried asking in PT.net but no one gave me the help I need to solve my problem
Old 12-13-2008, 08:04 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would suggest calling Allen Nelson a sponsor on the PTN. I believe your computer can be reflashed with a program for the 4l80e and a stand alone will not be needed. You will need a conversion harness or repin your original harness connector. The pins on the 60 to 80 are slightly different. Also you will need to add a harness for the added turbine sensor in the trans that will need to be pinned in your ECM harness connector. Vince
Old 12-13-2008, 05:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. A harness to convert it would be needed. lsxtune.com and Speartech make them for f-bodies. You might want to see if they can help out with your situation. Also HP Tuners can merge the f-body file with a 4l80e file. I'm sure they could do it with yours as well. Check with Steve at lsxtune.com for that as well if you don't have HP Tuners or don't plan on buying it. He took care of my tuning needs for the 80 swap and was competitively priced as well. The harness and tuning costs came out to be way less than buying a standalone unit too.

Good luck!