Sponsored by:

Thank You TPTransmission

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Q
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thank You TPTransmission

I have to give props when props are due. After messing around with the 4l80e in my 1998, I just wasn't satisfied by the way it drove. Ignoring everything else, I simply thought either my converter or my build was off. I was getting a lot of bucking and surging in various gears.

I emailed TPTransmission to see how much a different valvebody with their kit cost instead of the TransGo HD-3.

Jim at TPT questioned what was wrong with what I had. Now they could've simply quoted me a price and sold me a part but they seemed really concerned. I explained to them my bucking and lack of driveability.

Jim's reply was....sounds like your converter is locked!

Sure enough, I went and unhooked my wiring harness from the trans and the transmission was behaving like it should! No bucking or hesitation anywhere. Beautiful!

Thank you Trinity Performance Transmission for taking the time to diagnose my problem.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Q
I have to give props when props are due. After messing around with the 4l80e in my 1998, I just wasn't satisfied by the way it drove. Ignoring everything else, I simply thought either my converter or my build was off. I was getting a lot of bucking and surging in various gears.

I emailed TPTransmission to see how much a different valvebody with their kit cost instead of the TransGo HD-3.

Jim at TPT questioned what was wrong with what I had. Now they could've simply quoted me a price and sold me a part but they seemed really concerned. I explained to them my bucking and lack of driveability.

Jim's reply was....sounds like your converter is locked!

Sure enough, I went and unhooked my wiring harness from the trans and the transmission was behaving like it should! No bucking or hesitation anywhere. Beautiful!

Thank you Trinity Performance Transmission for taking the time to diagnose my problem.
Your welcome, glad to assist. We believe in honesty and if we have a product or service that can help you then so be it. No need to sell you something you do not need.