Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yank Exposed *DELETED*

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Yank Exposed

Sadly, the only people to defend Yank in this thread will be the Yank ing TCI haters. Here mikey mikey. As others have said, Mike should have never started this childish crap. Kevin has every right to defend himself and his company so people should back off. If Mike feels so strongly his converters are better than TCI's, prove it with the product... don't try to convince people. There's not 1 company that doesn't have flaws in a converter here in there. [/rant]

Note: I do realize there are respectful Yank owners (and nothing I said is directed towards you) and that Yank is a quality torque converter company overall. I just don't like how Mike started this nonsense nor how some Yank owners use it to guide people interested in TCI elsewhere. That's all.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 10-07-2003, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sure, Kevin has the right to say anything he desires. My only point is that he could have taken the high road and just made the product. Why stoop?

He gave away his only advantage in this discussion. It brings him to the same level as others.

This is from a "Yank" owner.

I'm disappointed in Kevin's reaction, not his product.

SC-

celerityZ: I'll defend Mike's products, but not his tactics. Your comment shows your maturity (estimating at 5 years old).
Old 10-07-2003, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ever seen an UN-HAPPY Vig owner????? You have now!

I have been considering finding myself a stock converter for a replacement!

I might not out run a vig car in the 1/4 with a stock converter but I could eat his *** on the top side.

Josh S.
I might be another one also, i have no top end after the converter install and i keep trying to blame it on the engine, but we will see after i throw a stock converter back into and see.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put the hammer away!
That does look pretty beat up and I have a hard beleiving the weld on cover came from Yank on a sold as new converter. No wonder someone sent it to you to cut it up.

Anyways, Please stay on topic about techincial merits and not who started what discussion.

Old 10-07-2003, 07:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya'll chill with the personal attacks, ok? Let's keep this thread somewhat civilized. Thanks!
Old 10-07-2003, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

so what kinda warranty does tci offer anyways? i'm definitely interested in the tci ssf3500 but i'd assume we get more than a 500 mile warranty right? what about yank? Just curious. I can understand the big boy converters, but the lessor folks who daily drive want something thats gonna last a few years right? Or is an aftermarket converter a high maintenance item? I'd expect at least 2 years of solid performance without any destruction with say every other weekend passes during the season and street normal driving/freeway. Nothing super powerful maybe 375whp motor.

Anyone care to comment on yank/tci longevity? Whose had one in for a couple of years? Hows its holding up?
Old 10-07-2003, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

A converter can last the life or your car if properly built. It's NOT a common wear item.

I think I recall TCI has a 90 day warranty as a policy but Kevin said they generally will warranty one up to a year old.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

celerityZ: I'll defend Mike's products, but not his tactics. Your comment shows your maturity (estimating at 5 years old).
My comments were directed towards the Yank owners that bash TCI and always refer to this "TCI exposed" crap when people ask which converter is better. Your personal attack towards me shows your maturity. Now back to the discussion at hand.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

mud slinging is lame. show us how good your products are, not how bad the competition is. spend your time developing your product, not wasting time bashing others. this goes for both groups. it only makes both sides look immature and bad. just My opinion. Yank putting that write up is not only lame (esp when we are waiting on convertors to be built) but of no merit.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This proud Yank owner believes in only one thing PROVEN PERFORMANCE.

All this mud slinging (from both parties) is funny to watch, but it's just wasted bandwidth.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:46 PM
FormerVendor

IMKMFAST,
Yep, we're working on some good stuff for high HP applications, including a steel stator LS1 converter. We're doing the testing now. I hope to debut it at SEMA.

SAMZ28,
The Colonel is right. Our written policy is a 90 day warranty, although we typically cover defects for up to one year.

John B. said, "All this mud slinging (from both parties) is funny to watch, but it's just wasted bandwidth."

I couldn't have said it better myself. Let's go back to doing what we really enjoy...making our cars go faster!
Kevin
Old 10-08-2003, 01:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

If I had my druthers, Mike would delete his anti-TCI page and then Kevin would delete this anti-Yank thread.

TCI and Yank both make GREAT converters and have great customer service. We're lucky to have them both.

Mike? Kevin?
Old 10-08-2003, 01:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I Have a yank and would get another.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:37 AM
FormerVendor

Gator said, "mud slinging is lame."

Gator, I agree. However, I've got to say that I feel that there is a difference between what I did and what Mike did. I've had repeated requests to show what the inside of a Yank converter looks like. I put that information on a technical bulletin board for those people who really wanted to see the inside of that converter. I would never and didn't put such a thing on my website. If my whole intention was to sling mud, then I would have done so months ago, when Mike put up his TCI Exposed page. Instead, we hunkered down, continued to improve our product and worked on new products, like the LS1 SFI approved flywheel and the soon-to-be-released steel stator LS1 converter.
All that being said...
Colonel,
I've felt kinda low since I put that post up yesterday. If Mike would be amenable to taking his webpage down, I would certainly delete my post. Let me know how Mike feels about that.
Kevin
Old 10-08-2003, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Kevin...for what it is worth, I considered buying a TCI converter this time for my TH400 setup, but the TCI web site is difficult to navigate, and the LS1 applications are not easy to find or decipher.

Is there any way you could ask them to build an LS1 specific page for the site? It would even be better if it also addressed the LS1 converters built for TH350/TH400 swaps.

I think you would see more business from the LS1 crowd if people can get answers from the site. If the info isn't there, it gives the impression that TCI considers the LS1 crowd on the fringe, or as a niche consumer. I believe you would sell more LS1 units if the web site was set up to cater to them. Just my 2% of a dollar.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:32 AM
Staging Lane

I was one of the people that helped push Kevin to post pictures,I'm sure, I hate that it made some people think he stooped to there level, that was not my intent. I think the whole deal with the TCI exposed deal made TCI look very bad and I think it turned some people away from there product thinking that was what you get from them when thats not the case, I think a lot of people on this board are influenced by what they see and what some people post up, I just hated to see a great company and a great product get shot down with a low blow and bias opinions. I said in my earlier post I wish I would have taken picture myself, to show our yank converter after it was cut open to be repaired because we had a local shop do it so it wouldn't have been a post by Kevin or TCI.

John.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:37 AM
TECH Veteran

I am surely not a Yank and after what happened with the whole TCS situation I wont be much of a for any other company too. I just like to post how my car did with what I have done to it. Since TCS is no longer in buisness, with means my warranty is shot, if I do have a problem in the future I want to put another high stall converter back in and continue racing. The one reason that would perswade me to Yank is just the proof of what people have done with their converters. If you check the stock internal list on this board in the Drag Racing section you will notice that the top 20 cars, 99% of them are Yanks. Yes I know Yank has been in the LS1 biz for a longer time than TCI has, but proof is proof in my book. Their imature "exposed" pages dont mean **** to me and dont make me not want to buy a TCI or what other converter their is out there. As for what I am looking for seems to be a Yank TP or the new PS series, but damn, $900+ for one I can't handle that on my buget. So Kevin, do you make a similar converter, 4000-4400 stall with a 2.5-2.7 str, with 96-98% efficency that can pull 1.5 60' in my Stock Internal car with some 11 sec passes? I need to know what is out their in case I need to switch one of these days.

TIA
Old 10-08-2003, 10:07 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,139 Likes on 740 Posts

I agree with Colonello, I would like to see both companies take down the pages/ threads.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:59 AM
Staging Lane

I am surely not a Yank and after what happened with the whole TCS situation I wont be much of a for any other company too. I just like to post how my car did with what I have done to it. Since TCS is no longer in buisness, with means my warranty is shot, if I do have a problem in the future I want to put another high stall converter back in and continue racing. The one reason that would perswade me to Yank is just the proof of what people have done with their converters. If you check the stock internal list on this board in the Drag Racing section you will notice that the top 20 cars, 99% of them are Yanks. Yes I know Yank has been in the LS1 biz for a longer time than TCI has, but proof is proof in my book. Their imature "exposed" pages dont mean **** to me and dont make me not want to buy a TCI or what other converter their is out there. As for what I am looking for seems to be a Yank TP or the new PS series, but damn, $900+ for one I can't handle that on my buget. So Kevin, do you make a similar converter, 4000-4400 stall with a 2.5-2.7 str, with 96-98% efficency that can pull 1.5 60' in my Stock Internal car with some 11 sec passes? I need to know what is out their in case I need to switch one of these days.

TIA
TCI does have what you are looking for, the last converter we had was having mid to low 1.50's and running low 12.0's to high 11's and that was one of the first big converters they had. We just got a new converter and installed it last night, and it feels great, we will give some details on how it does in a completly stock car, hopefully by the weekend.

Quick Reply: Yank Exposed *DELETED*